[LIVE] Can't eject cd with antec veris rm200, need help with irexec
Hi! The eject button on my Antec Veris RM200 remote isn't working in XBMC Live 10. I've tried adding
Code:
<eject>KEY_EJECTCD</eject>
In /usr/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml

and:
Code:
<eject>XBMC.EjectTray()</eject>
In /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml

But it doesn't help. I've also checked that dev.cdrom.lock in /etc/sysctl.conf is both uncommented and set to false/0 and that the user running xbmc is in the cdrom group - which it is.

So if anyone else doesn't have a better solution I want to try using irexec to open the tray when the key is pressed instead of going through Lircmap.xml. But I have no idea what to do. I've read some about irexec on the official site but I'm not really sure how to implement it.

So what I'm asking for is either help with getting the XBMC.EjectTray() function work properly or someone helping me along with irexec very detailed since I'm still learning and getting used to Linux.

Thank you very much!
bump*
I've got the same problem. Funny thing is that it used to work prior to all this custom work I did to the system. No idea and I've checked /etc/sysctl.conf, it looks fine. Is it the remote then? I can't open the drive even by pressing the eject button itself!
Antec Fusion Max Remote: Asus A8N-SLI Premium mobo; 1GB DDR2; AMD Athlon 64 3500+; nVidia GT210 512MB DDR2; Boot: 320GB SATA; Media Storage: 2 x 1TB RAID 1 on Sil3114; Ubuntu 11.04 minimal + XBMC
I can eject it when I press the button on the case but not from the control or the button in XBMC. Have you tried if it works to eject it manually from terminal? I don't remember how you list your optical devices but try something like:

Code:
eject /dev/scd0

and see if it works Tongue
eject -T works from the command line. Also, there's an eject button in the lower left corner of the XBMC UI which also works. Still, getting the remote eject to function would be very nice!
Antec Fusion Max Remote: Asus A8N-SLI Premium mobo; 1GB DDR2; AMD Athlon 64 3500+; nVidia GT210 512MB DDR2; Boot: 320GB SATA; Media Storage: 2 x 1TB RAID 1 on Sil3114; Ubuntu 11.04 minimal + XBMC
I agree. I will wait until the ubuntu 11.04 release and rebuild xbmc then because right now I have problems with USB 3.0 which is not supported in the XBMC live 10 version so I will give another try in 50 days and let you know I progress. Please keep me updated if you get the eject function to work Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Can't eject cd with antec veris rm200, need help with irexec0