• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?
Version 5.5 is a success, pushed through the repo this morning and seems a bit smoother. One minor snag, I noticed a few errors in the debug (debug http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4431) The Theme music question played well the second time around, first time was silent.. On exit, a Danger Will Robinson requester popped up and I submitted (I don't know if anything was sent).

Nice work, I've spend hours enjoying this with friends.
(2012-07-02, 07:37)twinther Wrote: Hi, it seems I completely broken the addon support for Python 2.6. Thanks PatK for the log file.
I'll make a new release as soon as possible. for now you can rollback to the previous version as PatK suggested.

MySQL is supposed to work with Eden. I'm not sure if it works with the Frodo alpha builds or nightly builds.

Br.
Tommy

I'm running the standard V11 Eden release which came out about 2 or 3 months ago, no patches / nightlies etc.
So it should be working then?
Hi AbRASiON,
Yes, the latest addon version (0.5.5) should work on XBMC Eden.

Thanks PatK for the log. I've seen this reported earlier but I have not been able to figure out what is causing it yet.
I hope your complete log can give me a hint :-)

Br.
Tommy
Here's a complete log... http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4491 some issues with playing the theme again, but closed out properly. I should note I suspended most of the add-ons for this debug, there could have been some cross pollution, this is about as clean as I can get it. Feel free to ask for more debugs, I have plenty Smile

Again great work.
Thanks, I'm not sure what's causing the themes to not play. I have experienced this myself also.
I think it usually happens when XBMC's navigation sounds are missing as well. I get this from time to time.
Do you hear the navigation sounds?

Br.
Tommy
Still crashing on 5.5

Well not crashing, "erroring out"
Yeah, it's trying to load the data from the myvideos database in mysql with the highest number prefixed. In your case "myvideos6060" which is probably not correct.
For eden I think the number is 60, so myvideos60 should be the one with the highest number. To fix this you need to rename or remove the other databases.

Br.
Tommy
(2012-07-05, 10:38)twinther Wrote: I think it usually happens when XBMC's navigation sounds are missing as well. I get this from time to time.
Do you hear the navigation sounds?
I listened for that, and yes I get navigational sounds.. On one such question the theme played for under a sec, indicating it was operational, but something silenced chopped it completely (seemed to co-inside with a mouse movement) and I'm now suspicious that navi sounds are responsible for the chop. I'll keep vigilant and if I learn anything more... I'll pass it along.

Okay. I'll investigate what could cause this. I see it myself as well on my setup, so it's probably a general problem.

Meanwhile I have been trying to fix the database connection errors you and others have reported. I've uploaded version 0.5.6 to my beta repository at http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/

If you or anyone else want to help fix these problem please install the repository zip and let XBMC update the movie quiz to the latest version.

If anything breaks you can always rollback to a previous version in XBMC.

Thanks,
Tommy
Installed the repo.zip and updated to latest.

Two lovely debugs.. (both full crashes) and this screen grab.. The crashes were on the video screen not pulling back and on both the audio was heard continuing to play in the background. Image

This one played the themes but crashed in the same way as the second. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4531

This one exhibited the themes bug and crashed as above http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4530
Hmm.. does it crash XBMC regularly or was it just the latest version (0.5.6) ?
I have seen a similar crash problem with XBMC Dharma, but that one got fixed in time for Eden.

Can you write the last couple of steps you did before it crash - did you use mouse, correct/incorrect answer, did the videoclip stop on it's own or by your answer, etc.

I've been trying to reproduce some of the errors, but no luck so far..

Thanks,
Tommy
(2012-07-05, 17:26)twinther Wrote: Yeah, it's trying to load the data from the myvideos database in mysql with the highest number prefixed. In your case "myvideos6060" which is probably not correct.
For eden I think the number is 60, so myvideos60 should be the one with the highest number. To fix this you need to rename or remove the other databases.

Br.
Tommy

What have I done to cause this? is it in my XML file? I edited it a while back to try and fix Movie Quiz - but it didn't work
(2012-07-06, 08:01)twinther Wrote: Hmm.. does it crash XBMC regularly or was it just the latest version (0.5.6) ?

Can you write the last couple of steps you did before it crash - did you use mouse, correct/incorrect answer, did the videoclip stop on it's own or by your answer, etc.

I've been trying to reproduce some of the errors, but no luck so far.

The crashes using 0.5.6, quit repeatable within a dozen questions...
Clip of the screen: Question - What episode of 'How it's Made is the?

The background and question are presented, the black screen drops and the loading band ensues, the cursor indicates busy and the top of the screen shows loading. You heard the audio of the video (no image) and it continues as you wait for a video that never shows... the audio in all probability would play the entire episode (not just a sample). Answering the question, (orrectly or incorrectly) produces the system is not responding req. This is consistant with the debug logs I produced in the previous post. I should note I did catch a crash with this version with the theme (music notes on paper) wallpaper in the background but the question was 'What Season of Sanctuary is ths"? So either the question or the theme was not placed as it should.... hinting of some timing order of things got scrambled.

I rolled back to 0.5.5 to-day after I saw your question, just to see if I could crash it out.... but it ran stable for over a half an hour., themes sometimes played and sometimes not... I thought at first it was associated with two themed questions back to back, but I'm not sure. Then I thought a system sound interrupted the loading theme. I suggest disabling the system sounds temporarily to see if we can get an issue there. I do note on occasion a video should have been shown, but didn't although the screen scrolled down and was in position, and question poised. Entering a random answeer the porgram moved on. On exit after this marathon... I did get a Will Robinson req. but it exited properly after that. This is your most stable version to-date.

V.05.7 Issues only in the TV section.

Third Question: What TV show is this?

How it's made audio playing in the background
Mouse Pointer is frozen, cursor keys still work,
a selection of anything brings the program not responding req. XBMC exits

It seemed as if two questions were loaded almost simultaneously.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4833

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attempt #2

2nd Question: What episode of Seinfed is this?
Loading horizontal band (theme music background art)
audio of an episode of Seinfeld working bar at top is frozen
Program not responding requester on any selection. XBMC exits.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4834

As a final note: I turned off system sounds on one of the attempts.
and one more this one with DXVA off software rendering.. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4838 2nd question

Thanks for all your testing Smile
I develop this addon on Linux, but I just tried running it on Windows and it crashed XBMC on the fifth video played with "XBMC has stopped responding" as you mention.
I'll install Vistual Studio and try to locate the problem. I'm thinking it is related to video playback in XBMC and the addon just triggers it to happen quite often.

Br.
Tommy
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?5