• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?
Could be...

I took it upon myself to give the nighties a shot, and installed Frodo and installed Movie Quiz, and you might be surprised that it not only didn't crash, but I played with it for some time expecting it to go down... It never did and exited properly Smile I did work with a limited set of movies and TV shows...(51 TV shows in Frodo vs 200 in Eden + 5000 episodes), there was a few quirks in some MQ pages when the graphic didn't show (black rectangle) or the 'solution' was either so quick, or non existent... that I wasn't sure of the true answer.

My thoughts at this point is to leave V5.5 on the repo as default and move Frodo along, unless you're committed to a solve at this point.

In the meantime, I'll move back to Eden, and try MQ with a limited library, and give a shot at the default skin to see if T! or size might have something to do with this. Ok same issue with Confluence in Eden, so it's not related to skin nor library size, and seems to have some issue at the 'loading' stage.
Hi

Sorry for my english, I'm a french guy

thank you for for the mod "Movie Quizz" I like it

But I have little problem .....

1. For the traduction in french
"Quel est le slogan du film ......." is really bad traduction
=> "Quel est le synopsis du film ..... " <= is a really good traduction

PS : I find the xml and change it, but change you too for the next version

2. The serie quizz with Extracted video for find the serie name
I have a Black square for the video but nothing inside
For film is good
Do you have an idea ?

Sorry again for my english
Good night

Steph
(2012-07-05, 17:26)twinther Wrote: Yeah, it's trying to load the data from the myvideos database in mysql with the highest number prefixed. In your case "myvideos6060" which is probably not correct.
For eden I think the number is 60, so myvideos60 should be the one with the highest number. To fix this you need to rename or remove the other databases.

Br.
Tommy

Hi,

I'm still not sure what I did to cause this? How do I fix it?
0.5.7 is that the latest at this point...? (I've rolled back to the more stable 5.5, and waiting for a ver update from your repo whihc indicated 0.5.7 ).
Thanks kulgran, I'll be sure to update the translation once I get a spare moment.

Abrasion, you have to remove the myvideos6060 database from the mysql server. You can usually do that using phpMyAdmin or something similiar.
Please make sure XBMC is not using that database though, so you don't delete something you actually use Smile

PatK, yeah 0.5.7 is the latest version at the moment. I've spent some time on other stuff the last few weeks. I'll try to get back to working on the movie quiz soon..

Br.
Tommy
(2012-08-10, 18:39)twinther Wrote: Thanks kulgran, I'll be sure to update the translation once I get a spare moment.

Abrasion, you have to remove the myvideos6060 database from the mysql server. You can usually do that using phpMyAdmin or something similiar.
Please make sure XBMC is not using that database though, so you don't delete something you actually use Smile

PatK, yeah 0.5.7 is the latest version at the moment. I've spent some time on other stuff the last few weeks. I'll try to get back to working on the movie quiz soon..

Br.
Tommy

Quote:--------------

mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mymusic18 |
| mymusic27 |
| mysql |
| myvideos60 |
| myvideos6060 |
| myvideos67 |
| performance_schema |
| test |
+--------------------+
9 rows in set (0.06 sec)

mysql>

Looking at my filestructure timestamps, I think I'm working out of "myvideos67" is that a bad thing?
First off great script, works perfectly when I launch it manually. I'm trying to integrate it with the Cinema Experience and I'm running into some issues. When I launch it in "Automatic Mode" it just freezes at Loading. The memory usage and fps keep changing in the debug area so I know the whole computer isn't locked up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/9PNBNPek I didn't see much in it though to help me debug the error.

I also tried launching it in manual mode but it errors out on line 1101 in gui.py:
Code:
name = localHighscore.getNickname(self.game.getUserId())
If I hard code in a value it will load the script but it never gives me any triva, it just allows me to see the highscores.

If you could point me in a direction on how to correct the errors that would be awesome. If it maters i'm running the latest version (1.95.7) of openelec.
Hi mcorcoran,
Thanks, great to hear you like it Smile
I haven't tried it in my cinema experience for a longer time, so I'm not sure if it actually still works.
But from the looks of it, it might be the rating that is messing things up. Can you define that in cinema experience somehow or disable it?
The movie quiz expect something like "Rated R" and not "--"

18:12:24 T:2813758272 NOTICE: Starting Movie Quiz in Cinema Experience mode with params: type=1, automatic=True, maxRating=--, genre=Action / Science Fiction / Thriller, questionLimit=10

Br.
Tommy
hello everyone, i use EDEN, and the script is working good except for one thing, every video thing for tvshow quizz results in a black screen (for videos i think), but in movie quizz the videos work well.

Any suggestion?
Frodo is "feature locked" so it should be safe to begin development for that version as nothing should change from now on except for bug fixes. Wondering Movie Quizz will move along with Frodo?

Thanks for all the work you do!
It's my intention to release this for Frodo as well. I have been doing some test with using the JSON-RPC interface instead of direct database access, but last I checked it isn't possible to retrieve a list of actors, etc. I will take a look again later on.

I'll be pretty busy for the next month or so, so I don't have much time for xbmc right now unfortunately..

Br.
Tommy
No issues.... still on Eden myself. Let me know when you need tight testing turnaround.
Love the Addon. Thanks for the development. I have two feature requests:

1) Ability to select what types of questions appear. ie. I want to only see the "Identify Movie via Clip" questions, or I want to see everything but the "What studio released this movie questions". I think a list of all questions types, with a checkbox somewhere in the settings would be ideal. Maybe, even better, have it in the settings for each individual game, so I can setup different games.

2) Ability to select which TV shows to ask questions for. ie. I want to play a game for questions only from the Friends TV show.

Thanks again.
Hi,
Am i right in thinking this wont work right on Frodo?
I am on Frodo and the TV shows work, but the Movies dont.

Thanks
N
Yeah, current version isn't working right on Frodo.
Before Frodo was released I was working on an updated version that uses the JSON-RPC interface instead of database access.
I have been pretty busy updating my TV Guide addon, but I'm hoping to return to this addon soon again.

Meanwhile you can try out the test built, you can download it here:
http://tommy.winther.nu/script.moviequiz-0.9.0.zip

It's probably a little (or very) rough, but most of it should work.
If anyone using MySQL reads this please give it a try and let me know if it works. It should since xbmc handles the SQLs, etc Smile

Br.
Tommy

• 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?5