• 19(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?
Many thanks for the quick reply. The update does work Many thanks!
This is a great little party game!

N
This thing is pretty awesome, thanks. One request I have is due to Universal Scraper. It allows us to pull the complete cast from IMDB. This means my humble movie collection has over 30,000 actors. The result is that the actor related questions are super hard, because most of the actors in the database are not well known.

It would be great if there was a setting to require that the actor be in at least _X_ movies (with a default of 3 or so?). Or, perhaps there's another better way to address this (?).

Thanks again for a really cool program.
Great job working like a charm on Frodo T! and win7/64, no crashes yet! I still kept my old Eden set-up around just so I wouldn't lose this one.

Question: what is downloaded from IMDB and were is it kept?
(2013-02-11, 15:58)SorryGoFish Wrote: This thing is pretty awesome, thanks. One request I have is due to Universal Scraper. It allows us to pull the complete cast from IMDB. This means my humble movie collection has over 30,000 actors. The result is that the actor related questions are super hard, because most of the actors in the database are not well known.

It would be great if there was a setting to require that the actor be in at least _X_ movies (with a default of 3 or so?). Or, perhaps there's another better way to address this (?).

Thanks again for a really cool program.

Hey, I'll take a look, but I don't think it's possible with the json-rpc api. Usually the json-rpc requests are centered around a single movie at a time.

(2013-02-17, 19:22)PatK Wrote: Great job working like a charm on Frodo T! and win7/64, no crashes yet! I still kept my old Eden set-up around just so I wouldn't lose this one.

Question: what is downloaded from IMDB and were is it kept?

Actor names and movie quotes are downloaded from IMDB. The quotes are used for "what movie is this quote from" questions and the names are used to try to limit the "what actor is this" to only suggest either female or male names, but it's not perfect.

The files are kept in ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.moviequiz/ - my folder is around 20 mb and was downloaded in January.
It's actually a good idea to download these once in a while, IMDB adds new entries all the time Smile

Br.
Tommy
Hey guys,
I have uploaded a new test version (0.9.1) to my beta repository at http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/
It's Frodo only.

Please give it a try and let me know if anything breaks.
My plan is to get this added to the official repository and work on some enhancements afterwards.

Br.
Tommy
Hi twinther,

Just wanted to start by saying a personal thank you for keeping this awesome add-on going!

I have just tried the new release and I think I have found a bug. It appears the 'what movie is this' question always plays the film from the very beginning of the movie. I played it several times to check it wasn't a one-off....

I also have a small request if that's okay? Would it be possible to make the main menu buttons look like they're being pressed in some way when on them? As it is now, it's quite hard to distinguish which button you are on due to it being a faint glow only...

Looking forward to future releases... and enhancements

Thanks
Hi, glad you like the addon Smile

what format is the movies you are playing - mkv, iso, ... ?
and where are they stored - local hard drive, smb, ...=
I have tested with mkv's on a local harddrive and they play find.

I'm considering redesigning the menu a bit, so I'll take you suggestion into consideration as well Smile

Br.
Tommy
They're locally stored on a standard hard drive connected via usb and 99% are .avi with some .mp4's. The frodo version you released just before this one seemed to work okay. I can go back to that version to retest if required.
Hi Great Plugin using 0.9.0 found a few little bugs

1. some time actor pictures do not appear

2. this sometimes occurs after movie quote questions

using hybrid theme, movies are located on a different drive than the windows partition.
neither bug happens with tv quiz.
Oops... hope you got the bug report. Failing a report here is a screen shot, I've added the the extra ribbon
after it does this... the visual count down numbers from 5 to 1 and repeats endlessly with some video sheering... exits well with the backspace key.

Full screen shot half size, note thumbnails top left.

Win7/64/XBMC 12.1 T!SVN
Wow. thanks for the quick feedback. I haven't even posted here yet about this version Smile

It looks like one of your movies doesn't have any poster associated.
Please try this version:
http://tommy.winther.nu/script.moviequiz-0.9.2a.zip

Br.
Tommy
+ ! so far... and looks like the theme and sound bite gliche has disappeared (I can't believe those high scores Smile I'll play it until the cows come home...

Anything I should keep my eye out for? I did notice a bit of video flashing on start ('Flashing' at least that's how I would describe the visual effect I'm seeing; Looks like the menu options window shows up between cover loads Start menu in tune with the circling graphic of the countdown clock.)

but once the countdown is finished all is good.

Kudo's for a great program, and a terrific XBMC add-on.
I noticed how worn your titles where and thought you could use a spiff up...

These are a straight sized replacement (tested) C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\resources\skins\Default\media
Here's a few replacements of the in game numbers I found the originals a bit too bright. They go in the same place, just download (you'll need the .png files to respect the transparency), to that folder.

Note I decreased the font sizes with a bit more contrast.. on this updated set.
Thanks, looks great. I'll include them in the next update I make Smile
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?5