Lenovo Q150 (ION2) - no LAN support!
Sad 
Hi,

I'm very new to the forums but have been running XBMC on an XBOX for a few years.

I finally made the move to htpc by getting a Lenovo Q150 last week -- what a nightmare.. the box itself seems perfect for XBMC - looks great, tiny keyboard (though I'm planning on using my harmony to control.. next nightmare I'm sure..)

Anyway, I installed 3 different versions of XBMC Live (10 official & 10 xbmcfreak & 9.1.1) on a USB flash drive and all 3 have the same issue - the install process complains that DHCP isn't working. The box is wired & Win7 has no problems with it. I checked the BIOS settings but nothing here I can see to even try.

I can continue past the install and have tried looking at /etc/network/interfaces but it looks good from the other threads I've read (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92458). My network supports DHCP just fine - that's not the issue (99% sure). Somehow, it's not detecting/finding my network card at all. It's in ION2 system - I have to imagine the network card is all the same in these mini systems.

What the heck could be wrong here? I've read tons of threads about HDMI audio not working and IR remote support being terrible.. but very few people have no network card detection at all from what I can see.

Are there other Q150 owners out there who've run into the same issues and figured out what's wrong? Anyone else have any thoughts?

thanks,
joe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lenovo Q150 (ION2) - no LAN support!0