XBMC Visualization Competition
(presto_ @ april 22 2004,09:16 Wrote:just thought you guys might be interested in this, an open source milkdrop conversion:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthr....=175336

it's a copy/re-implementation, not a port of the original.  but might come in handy for viz freaks Wink
it's opengl, the xbox os/xdk do not support opengl so a opengl to direct3d/directx wrapper would have to be coded first which is hard!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hey guys. i was just wondering how we would be contacted about recieving the x3 prizes. any clue if we will get them before they go retail. just anxious to get my hands one of the x3 chips. :d
(dinomight @ april 26 2004,22:32 Wrote:hey guys. i was just wondering how we would be contacted about recieving the x3 prizes.
i will try to send out mails to everyone later today
(dinomight @ april 26 2004,22:32 Wrote:any clue if we will get them before they go retail. just anxious to get my hands one of the x3 chips. :d
that is up to team-xecuter (know that we where offered to offer prototypes/beta as prizes but said we prefered to wait for final)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(gamester17 @ april 27 2004,12:32 Wrote:
(dinomight @ april 26 2004,22:32 Wrote:hey guys. i was just wondering how we would be contacted about recieving the x3 prizes.
i will try to send out mails to everyone later today
just fyi, i now recieved tha snail mail address of everyone but ben marsh for tripex, (pike informed me that ben's moving to a new house)
good gosh the new visualisations are freaking awesome!.. i can't get enough of the g-force vis, very good job.. can't wait to see the others up and running!

good job all!
hey guys,
i had annother question concerning the prizes. as the release of the x3's appear to be rapidly aproaching. i was wondering if we would have the option of having getting the optional parts to the new x3's (ie the lcd's, and switch mods that will be sold optionally). i realize that team assembly were probably unaware of these features when they offered the donation, and i was just curious if these additional features would be included or made available for a small price to the prize winners. thanks again,
dinomight

p.s. i should be able to get around to finishing the sonique plugin wrapper, and starburst v2 no that school is out so stay tuned.
(dinomight @ may 26 2004,06:13 Wrote:i had annother question concerning the prizes. as the release of the x3's appear to be rapidly aproaching. i was wondering if we would have the option of having getting the optional parts to the new x3's (ie the lcd's, and switch mods that will be sold optionally). i realize that team assembly were probably unaware of these features when they offered the donation, and i was just curious if these additional features would be included or made available for a small price to the prize winners. thanks again,
we don't want to be the middleman passing money along so we would only send you those options if team-xecuter add them for free.
hey guys,
it looks like the guys over at team xecuter are finally finishing up the work on the x3 chips. so guess what that means. :thumbsup: it looks like the winners of the viz contest will finally be getting our long belated x3 prizes. i for one am very excited. i pm'ed the guys in the xecuter forums asking about the prized and they commented that you guys (the xbmc guys would be recieving the x3s in the following week or two. so it sounds like they are relying on you to handle distribution of the prizes.(correct me if i am wrong). can you guys email us when they come in so we know to be looking for them in the mail. and see if you can talk team xecuter to throw in the option lcd screens as a bonus for waiting so patiently. (the uber switches would be nice to but not as cool as the lcd). thanks again for your hard work on making xbmc the best community built open source application ever.
i look forward to your reply,
dinomight
Smile 
@Dinomight, you are a little quick to jump the gun, so far team-xecuter only released pictures of the final x3 chip, not the chip itself Rolleyes
(gamester17 @ july 21 2004,12:49 Wrote:@Dinomight, you are a little quick to jump the gun, so far team-xecuter only released pictures of the final x3 chip, not the chip itself Rolleyes
but afaik the chip should be ready and maybe in the shops within the next two/three weeks. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Question 
i'm going on holiday for the next three weeks but i have confirmed with team-xecuter, they will send your modchips as soon as ready.
(yes they have your shipping-addresses. but wether or not they opt to send along a complementry lcd-display is up to them, not us).
gamester: thanks so much for your followup work :bowdown: , i appreciate your effort to confirm with team xecuter, and now that i know that the ball is in their court, i know who to talk to if the ball gets dropped. :o
:thumbsup: just thought i would let the others know what team xecuter said:::

Quote:inbox :: message
to: dinomight
posted: tue aug 10, 2004 7:48 pm
 subject: re: a question from a xbmc vis plugin contest winner  

i'll include lcd's

__
01010111 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01100010 01100101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 010  

:thumbsup:
finaly the chips are shipped.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/...gkqnwp.php
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(hullebulle @ sep. 25 2004,15:36 Wrote:finaly the chips are shipped http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/...gkqnwp.php
fyi, got mail from team-xecuter and they so far only shipped (the first batch of chips) to their beta-testers plus team-xbmc and avalauch.
they have not yet sent chips to the winners of this visualization competition but said they aim to do so with the next batch this monday.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Visualization Competition0