Change a remote key function?
I dont use the mute button on my remote so I would like to reassign it so when I press mute it toggles the watched status of a file.

From the wiki I gather that this is possible by editing one of the xml files but I cant work out which one. The keyboard can provide this function by pressing w.

Any suggestions?
remote.xml
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
You didnt say what version or type of XBMC you are running so you will have to find the file on your own.

remote.xml

<mute>togglewatched</mute>
I am running the latest SVN version of XBMC on Ubuntu 10.04.1

I didnt have a remote.xml file in my home dir so I copied it from:/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps to /home/user/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

So do I just add the entry <mute>togglewatched</mute> into the section of the file where I want it to work ie <VideoMenu> and <MyVideoFiles> and <MyVideoLibrary>? or do I just put it in the global section?
Either/or depends on your wish...

If that button performs different functions on different screens, then you want to only make the change in the specific section rather then global.

If you want that button to do the function on every screen then put it in global.

Another suggestion... remove ALL other entries in remote.xml (the one in the home dir). The way xbmc works... it will check the home version first and if it doesn't find the command will then check the system version.

If you only put your custom changes in the home dir, then if xbmc is every updated, chances of remote issues is lower.
Worked perfectly

Thanks!

BM007
So I have now managed to map some commands to keys on my remote but now I would like a key to start an addon. I have the addon (MythBox) on my home screen so I tried to use the same code in my remote.xml mapped to 0 or zero but it doesnt seem to work.

Is it possible to do this?

I have tried the following. Obviously I want the command mapped to the '0' key on my remote

<zero>RunScript(/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/default.py)</zero>
and
<0>RunScript(/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/default.py)</0>

Any suggestions?
See this thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change a remote key function?1