TheTVDB keeps giving me the wrong info...
I have some Seinfeld episodes, so far I'm only trying to get season 1 to work and it is refusing to.

I have them named like so: Seinfeld.1x01.mkv

But the scraper refuses to get the correct metadata. I get either the season 3 data for the corresponding episode number in season 3, or I get some weird "special episode" data.

Any advice on how to proceed?
chillaxtian Wrote:I have some Seinfeld episodes, so far I'm only trying to get season 1 to work and it is refusing to.

I have them named like so: Seinfeld.1x01.mkv

But the scraper refuses to get the correct metadata. I get either the season 3 data for the corresponding episode number in season 3, or I get some weird "special episode" data.

Any advice on how to proceed?
Try Seinfeld - s01e01.mkv this should work as its the way i do all my shows, and i also double check the info on the TVDB website just to be certain they have what i need.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
How is your directory structure setup?
gabbott Wrote:How is your directory structure setup?

~/TV/Seinfeld/Season 1/Seinfeld - s01e01.mkv

When I changed my format to that it gives me the data for this for episode 1: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=episode...id=1331021

both that and the regular episode 1 have the same season and episode data.... =/ i wish the database just had regular episodes and not all these specials, look: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=79169&lid=7
Did you set the content to scrape 'DVD Order' - that is episode 1 in that format. The number and position of Specials will have no effect on their presentation in Library mode provided tou have them in a season 0 folder and numbered as such ie s00e01 etc. But again you'll have to make sure you are not scraping in DVD order.

To check, revert to file mode, bring up the context menu on the TV Shows folder and choose edit source, press OK, from this screen choose settings and make sure that DVD order is unchecked. Once you have made the change, update the library.
Did you ever get this figure out? I am having the same problem with Seinfeld in DVD Order. I have even re-numbered the specials on TVDB so that the scraping won't be ambiguous anymore. No dice.

My files are named "Seinfeld.S01E01.Name.of.episode.mkv." I've experimented with a few other formats with no success.

This is a brand new XBMC install running on Mac OS Snow Leopard Server. I recently re-installed the OS on this computer. On my old install, this worked without a hitch.

For me, the following episodes are incorrect:

Thanks.
For any one still following this thread, my problem seems to have resolved itself. Maybe TVDB results are cached or something.

Best of luck to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB keeps giving me the wrong info...0