SSD optimization
Question 
Hi!

Recently I bought a SSD and started to search about optimization and tweaks to improve speed and life of it.
Unfortunately there isn't much about SSDs in the forum(or it least I couldn't find any) therefore I would like to ask if somebody has a kind of a tutorial or just a set of commands to make things easier for the SSD Nod.
I found this site - are the tweaks there worth give them tryHuh?

I also found out that SSDs are not fully supported below kernel 2.6.33. Due to I am quite unsure what this "fully" means and because I am on kernel 2.6.32 it would maybe be a good idea to upgrade/reinstall to the current version - wouldn't it(I have heard there were some "bigger" changes - lirc went into kernel and there is a suspend bug...)?

Thanks!
You need to check the recommendations from the supplier, I have a corsair f210 and they dont recommend any tweaking except setting the bios to AHCI. In addition to that I run without swap. On linux I would also enable noatime in fstab.

Quote:I also found out that SSDs are not fully supported below kernel 2.6.33. Due
I guess they mean trim. You can try to upgrade but you have to be prepared to re-install nvidia and some other stuff.
Hey!

Ok, I ll have a look into OCZ forum then ...

Quote:I guess they mean trim
yepp, Trim was stated there ...

At the moment I run XBMC Live installation and so my intention is to switch to XBMCbuntu because of Kernel ... I dont expect to have any nvidia issues then ... but thanks for the hint... ^^

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSD optimization0