[LIVE] Yet another issue with HDMI/nVidia
First off, I have to apologize, as I am confident this information is somewhere in here, but after hours of searching I've come to the conclusion that I really don't know what exactly I'm searching for.

I installed Live 10.0, and everything worked fine except the navigation sounds. I was able to get them working, although the first time I managed to get it working suddenly everything I tried to play would only play at ~4fps at best, even though the GPU and CPU utilization were less than 10%... I undid everything and it all worked normal again, and a short while later created /etc/asound.conf containing the following 2 lines:

pcm.!default hdmi:NVidia
pcm:iec958 hdmi:NVidia

I managed to get my navigation sounds, but I still run into certain files that will only play at ~4 fps tops ... My question is if there is a way I can find out if this problem is related to the sound.conf file I created, or what else could cause this issue? This isn't only occurring with streaming files from my server, but also if I try to stream something from YouTube the odd time I also run into this problem.

As for hardware, I am running on a Q6600 CPU and nVidia GT220 w/ 2 GB RAM ...

I'm also wondering if there is a way I can get the standard Ubuntu repositories set up/working with XBMC Live, as I find a lot of walkthroughs that tell me to use apt-get to install a program, yet when I try to run it I get a message saying it's not found in the repositories, even though on a fresh Ubuntu desktop install it has no problems..?

I'm a rather large n00b to linux, and appreciate any and all help... I have a few logs I could post if it would help, and I will try to see if I can find any common link between files that give me the 4 fps issue (such as common audio or video codec or container) ... Thanks again!

Edit:

I found a file that would give me this problem and recorded everything I could from the codecinfo:
D(Audio:mp3,48000Hz,2 channels, s16, 128kb/s) P(aq:0%, kB/s: 7.46)
D(Video:mpeg4,yuv420p,624x352[PAR 1:1 DAR 39:22]) P(vq:99%,dc:ff-mpeg4,mb/s:0.20,drop:3,pc:1)
C(ad:0.000, a/v:-34.445,edl:-,dcpu:0%,acpu:0%,vcpu:0%)
W(fps:3.98, CPU0:0.5% CPU1:0.0% CPU2: 0.5% CPU3: 1.0%)

Hope this helps at least a little.
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Yet another issue with HDMI/nVidia0