VU+ TV Stream to XBMC
Hi

Im planning on buying a VU+ "Dreambox". As i understand it is possible to stream HD tv over Internet on this box. Does any one know if it is possible to Stream it to XBMC Live?

Thanks for all information on the subject
Its possible to stream tv from vu+ but by lan. By internet i don't know. Even if its possible you need to have very fast upload and download speed.
Streaming is possible, just add an tuxbox source inside xbmc (add new source). I use such setup and it works perfect. (there is no epg and so on but its much more stabile than other tv options inside xbmc)
The part inside sources.xml looks like this:
Code:
<source>
            <name>VU+ Duo</name>
            <path pathversion="1">tuxbox://IPFROMYOURVU:80/</path>
        </source>
That sounds great! I understand from your reply that i need the TuxBox-addon. Do i need to install this manually cause i didnt find it in the Addon Repository. Does it work with Dharma 10?

Scalpel: yeah i meant Lan, i just read the manual of the Vu+ and it stated it could Stream over Internet...
No plugin needed, just add a new networksource with the tuxbox client protocol that point to your VU+ IP and port.

Edit: im on 10.0 r35648 from Dec 17 2010 so i cant say if ltr versions are working.
Fantastic! it works like a charm. Yesterday i could watch my favourite Hockey team win 6-4 in HD on my 110' screen in my HOme Cinema!

Thansk for your guidence
Tuxbox on my XBMC 10.00 svn35648 crash when i try to connect to Enigma2 machine, with Enigma1 all works fine, there are some way to check the issue?
I tried looking up the Wiki on Vu+ but didn't find what I was looking for. What kind of service do you need? I have Dish Network. Is it compatible?
Hi, i have a vu+ and I am trying to stream tv channels on my xbmc (on my rasberry pi).

I am following all the tutorials I am finding. thus i am enabling live tv, and adding an the VU+/enigma addon where I am configuring the ip address of my vu+ receiver and giving the the username and password (of the root). xbmc is reading and saving the channel list into the folder where i have specified (i can also locate the xml file with the channel list).

however when i open Live Tv > tv Channels, nothing opens and instead the message "No PVR clients have been started yet..." is being displayed. I tried to search the solution to the problem on many forums but to no success.

mind you also tried to add the tv channels by adding a network location using tuxbox but when i tried it, xmbc sort of freezed for a minute and then displayed a message that "xmbc could not connect to the specified network location", but I am sure that i have given the correct ip address and also when it sort of tries to access the ip address i noticed that on my tv where i have my vu+ connected it sort of displays a "processing" icon - so the message is quite confusing in this case.

I do not know whether i should initialize or install a plugin/service on vu+ (as well because this is nowhere indicated) ...hope someone can help about this issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VU+ TV Stream to XBMC0