Programs - GUIWindowPrograms
so.. i've taken a first stab at helping out with xbmc and basically, i feel as though to be able to use xbmc as a dashboard, the loading/display of the programs needed to be faster when large directories were involved.

xbmp had the option of flatten directory as well as only showing default apps. xbmc does not yet have that and i took the liberty of adding some code to take this into account.

but, this is my first time trying xbox programming, so i am not sure how good my code is.

anyhow, what i did was add an option to only display default.xbe when displaying the bookmarks. as well, i have added added the flatten hierarchy that was there in xbmp.

in loaddirectory i also added some code such that if you are flattening the directory, it will first look for xbe before recursing into subdirectories. the code in loaddirectory will obviously recursively call itself to look into subdirectories. so, when testing, it all looks fairly good and a lot faster than it was with xbmp. it would normally take about 5 minutes to load my games directory (about 15 games) because some games had over 1000 files and things like that.

anyhow, enough babbling. off to the real point here...

i've noticed that it is possible to brows up to a directory prior to what is defined in the bookmarks. now, i want to add some checks such that ".." would be ignored and not displayed if the current directory is one of the bookmarks. is that a safe assumption to make? (obviously, if flatten directory is set, ".." would not be displayed at all).

also, my changes have been made so that if default applications is used, then scan will only create shortcuts for default.xbe.

also, it seems that when going to the shortcuts menu option, going to ".." will show you the xbmc root directory.. i can probably take a look into that as well.

anyhow, is there a way i should or could show somebody the code i did so that i can get some feedback?

thanks a lot,

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sounds good
please upload any patches to sourcesafe
like here

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
i just posted a feature request about just displaying default.xbe's. i should have read all the forums first.
very cool :d
ooopss.. i guess i better finish the code and then post a patch. maybe you can help test it for me to see whether i am missing anything.

i'll let you know..

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thumbs Up 
please remember to make sure that getting name from xbe/folder is is case sensitive, tia
getting default xbe will use the following which does should work:

bool cutil::isdefaultxbe(const cstdstring& strfilename)
{
char* pfilename=getfilename(strfilename);
if (!pfilename) return false;
if (cutil::cmpnocase(pfilename, "default.xbe")==0) return true;
return false;
}

as for folders, i havn't changed anything in that really.. i'll check through the changes i made though.

hey..

i've uploaded my patch here: https://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840

if somebody can try it or let me know where i have gone wrong or what i could have done to make it better, that would be great.

thanks a lot!

ts

Thumbs Up 
hello Image

why hasnt this been implemented? it would be great if you could choose to show only the default.xbe. as it is now many apps use a launcher named default.xbe and have several other xbes that shouldnt be launced indepenently, like mame and surreal64. this makes the my programs view very cluttered.

hope i make sense  Image
does not look like it is gonna be included.

maybe the devs have something else in mind.

ts

this should be added in!!!
hmm, guess i should have included this patchway earlier
sorry about that.

could you please update this patch to the current cvs version?
when thats done i'll include it in xbmc

frodo
thanks a lot.

i've uploaded the latest patch based on the latest anon cvs (which seems to lagging again Sad ).

i've uploaded both a patch as well as the full files. i think the options in the skin will need work because on ntsc it will go below the bottom.

thanks again,

ts

did you actually test this patch yourself?
i included this patch in the l8test cvs but it sure doesnt work for me @ll

i got for example:

f:\apps\boxplorer\default.xbe
f:\apps\phoenix\default.xbe
f:\apps\utils\bioschecker\default.xbe
f:\apps\utils\videomodeselector\default.xbe
f:\music
f:\movies
f:\pictures

i enabled flatten hierarchy and now when i click on f: in my programs i only see the folders f:
so i only see
[apps]
[music]
[movies]
[pictures]

frodo
frodo and i already discussed this.

the assumption is made that the bookmarks are setup like evolution-x or other dashboards such that if your bookmark is :

e:\apps

then your directories are setup as:

e:\apps\dir1
e:\apps\dir2
e:\apps\dir3

etc... and when you flatten the directory, it will only show applications in e:\apps\dir1, e:\apps\dir2, e:\apps\dir3.

it will not recurse into further subdirectories.

if people start to complain that this does not work, we can rework this so that it does recurse.

how do you people have your bookmarks setup? or how is your directory structure?

thanks,

ts

me is stupid
should have read the manual to see how it exactly works
frodo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Programs - GUIWindowPrograms0