[LIVE] No Audio Over HDMI
I have an Acre Revo 3600 that I installed Darma on and get no audio.

Acer Revo 3600 connected directly to TV with HDMI
XBMC 10.0 r35648 (compiled: Dec 17, 2010)
OpenGL Version 3.2.0 NVidia 195.36.24

aplay -l shows card 0 nvidia [HDA NVidia], Device3: Nvidia HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
Audio Setup With In XBMC
Audio Output HDMI with 2.0
Audio Output Device tried HDMI and custom set to plughw:0,3
Audio Passthrough tried HDMI and custom set to plughw:0,3

I have checked alsamixer and found that the driver version is 1.0.23 compiled Nov 19, 2010 for kernal 2.6.32-26-generic

I have unmuted everthing shown with no change. I don't see a sound bar that says HDMI on it but there are no muted channels.

I have also tried using the aplay -d plughw0,3 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav to test from terminal and get nothing.

aplay -l shows:
card 0, device 0 ALC662 rev1 Analog
1 Digital
3 HDMI

I am not very handy in linux but take directions very well. I have been searching and banging my head against the wall. Any help or links to other posts would be great.

Thanks
Rogue26 Wrote:I have an Acre Revo 3600 that I installed Darma on and get no audio.

Acer Revo 3600 connected directly to TV with HDMI
XBMC 10.0 r35648 (compiled: Dec 17, 2010)
OpenGL Version 3.2.0 NVidia 195.36.24

aplay -l shows card 0 nvidia [HDA NVidia], Device3: Nvidia HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
Audio Setup With In XBMC
Audio Output HDMI with 2.0
Audio Output Device tried HDMI and custom set to plughw:0,3
Audio Passthrough tried HDMI and custom set to plughw:0,3

I have checked alsamixer and found that the driver version is 1.0.23 compiled Nov 19, 2010 for kernal 2.6.32-26-generic

I have unmuted everthing shown with no change. I don't see a sound bar that says HDMI on it but there are no muted channels.

I have also tried using the aplay -d plughw0,3 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav to test from terminal and get nothing.

aplay -l shows:
card 0, device 0 ALC662 rev1 Analog
1 Digital
3 HDMI

I am not very handy in linux but take directions very well. I have been searching and banging my head against the wall. Any help or links to other posts would be great.

Thanks

Install the latest kernel modules too,

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_set_u...C_or_GT240
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Thank you for the reply. I went to the linked page and started at the first step:

Code:
Getting ALSA
add-apt-repository ppa:team-iquik/alsa ppa:team-xbmc
add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install linux-alsa-driver-modules-$(uname -r) --force-yes
I got an error about needing a repository argument after using this command
Code:
add-apt-repository ppa:team-iquik/alsa ppa:team-xbmc

So I tried the next part down about installing ALSA which I know that I have it installed already but figured that is would overwrite the existing with the new updated version.

Code:
Or if you haven't yet installed ALSA:

apt-get install alsa-base alsa-utils linux-alsa-driver-modules-$(uname -r)

it grabbed the new version and installed it but has broken my boot up. Now I get a login prompt and enter l/p I get a command prompt but no xbmc. I am guessing that I should have posted the issue with the argument eror before I jumped to installing the complete package. But I guess that is what trial and eror is all about Smile

Do I need to now reinstall live from the CD?

Thanks again
Looks like I might have accidentally left an extra line in there:
try
Code:
add-apt-repository ppa:team-iquik/alsa
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install linux-alsa-driver-modules-$(uname -r) --force-yes
Code:
I am currently at the configure portion of the apt-get upgrade and it is asking me about the lab-release (y/I/n/o/d/z) with the default being N to keepthe current version. Just wanted to verify that is what I wanted to do.

Thanks.
What is the current error? Or can you take a picture of the screen?
Code:
Have gotten through those steps and am now faced with a grub command prompt and no XBMC. What is the process of getting XBMC booting again?

Doesn't appear to be an error screen. It is titled as GNU Grub version 1.98 1ubuntu10
Grub> command prompt
None of those commands should have broken grub.

Do you know how to use grub, I mean in my head I know how to fix it, but to describe it over the internet....

Code:
ls

should list all the devices that grub finds. Then it's just a matter of getting the 'linux' and initd commands and booting.
Code:
Hi,

Reinstall xbmc-live, Then unmute the channels using the audio mixer addon. Choose hdmi for device and passthrough. Uncheck dts and dolby in xbmc audio settings. This works everytime with both my revos.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:Hi,

Reinstall xbmc-live, Then unmute the channels using the audio mixer addon. Choose hdmi for device and passthrough. Uncheck dts and dolby in xbmc audio settings. This works everytime with both my revos.

cheers

From a fresh install I have unmuted all channels from the command line version of mixer and then set hdmi and deselected the dts and Dolby in the settings. Is the mixer add-on a GUI version of that and is it under the programs?

I am away from my PC for a little bit but will look at it when I get home.

Thanks
harryzimm Wrote:Hi,

cheers

Cheers, that worked a treat for me Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] No Audio Over HDMI0