help
Hello everybody, I'm new to xbmc, and i'm not very computer literate. I was playing around just trying to see what options there were to customize the screen appearance, and now it won't go back to the original home screen. when it opens it shows a row of options horizontally with choices like music, video, home, addons, etc. I click the home button and nothing happens. I click other buttons and it takes me to other lists for various options. One option it doesn't give me is to close the program, I have to control alt delete to leave the program. Can anyone help me put it back to the original screen?
Did you change the skin? Look in System settings, Appearance, Skin and change the skin to Confluence.

You can always exit XBMC by pressing S or alt-F4.

JR
The page I'm stuck on doesn't have a system settings option. It just shows (from left to right) movies, videos, music, home, pictures, weather, programs addons. The home icon doesn't do anything, and there is no menu or anything to go to system settings. I believe I changed the skin from confluence to this. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it still came up on this page. I don,t know what else to do.
Press Windows-R to open the Run dialog and type:

%appdata%\xbmc\userdata

and click OK. In that folder will be a file called guisettings.xml. If you delete or rename this it will set all your settings back to the default.

It sounds as if you have switched to a different skin, and you are at the home page for that skin. The skin will have the shutdown and settings options somewhere, but I don't know where.

JR
Thanks that worked. I kinda wished I renamed the file instead of deleting it. I don't seem to have all the features i did have.
My brother built this computer for me for my birthday and loaded it with some thing he thought i would like. Guess I still have a lot to learn.
tommy r Wrote:I kinda wished I renamed the file instead of deleting it. I don't seem to have all the features i did have.

guisettings.xml doesn't usually contain anything drastic. What features do you think are missing?

JR
I believe I was looking at it wrong. Everything seems took be in tact.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help0