Problems with TV-Series... can't refresh Database
Hey there,

I've got some issues with XBMC and my Mediacenter PC. Everything works quite well, but my TV-Series doesn't.
All my TV-Series are in the Database but not one single episode. I've googled some hints, so I tried to rename the files to "s01e01-..." but it doesn't work either.
When I try to refresh a single TV-Series manually (right-click on "24" and then "Datenbank aktualisieren" / I guess its "refresh database" in english) I got an error-message that says "Informationen können nicht herunter geladen... Es kann keine Verbindung zum Server hergestellt wer... Wollen Sie mit der Aktualisierung fortfahren" / I guess its "Can't download information, can't establish a server connection..." or something. I'm using the german version, so I don't know the error-messages in english).

The thing is... with everything else (but TV-Series Database refresh), there is no problem with the internet connection or connecting to any server. I got all the series posters, fanarts... but I can't add any episodes.

Please help me, I really like XBMC but I never had such problems with media portal... but I don't want to switch back to it ;-)
First question...why German? Have you taken a look at this?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...File_Names
Why german? Well, I thought it's obvious (because of my bad english)... I'm a german ;-)

Secondly... yes, I read the whole thing, that's why I renamed my files.
FYI: my typical file directory looks like "\tvseries\dexter\season 1\Dexter - s01e01 - Title.avi" and I guess that should do it.
I'm quite confused... in my opinion everything should work just fine... but, well, it doesn't.
Haha, ok, i was thrown off by the "or something" when you translated it. I should've read a little better. Your English is quite good actually. I would try going into the tv show folder, say Dexter and push "I", that brings up the info and select reload. That will try to reload the new info. Another suggestion is that if you have a pretty big library is to use Ember Media Manager or Media Companion. They usually get everything correct.
At first, thank you for your help!

Your first suggestion didn't work (push "i" and refresh). Still not a single episode in the database.

Then I tried Ember Media Manager, which I couldn't install because of an error message... something was wrong with an xml or something, installation was cancelled. Searched for it but didn't find a solution.

Last but not least, I tried Media Companion. It took quite a time, but at least most of my episodes were added to the (media companion) database. But there's still one thing that bothers me (aside the fact that I have to rename every video file). Media Companion wrote a new folder (".actors") and several files ("season01.tbn", "season02.tbn"... and many more) in EVERY series folder. The point is, I've got a really captious order in my file-/foldersystem and I don't like unnecessary stuff. Is there a way to put all this crap in a single database file which can be saved elsewhere?
Your welcome. Ember is in the middle of rebuilding, so that may have been your issue there. Media Companion is very good, it's what I've been using since the the fall of Ember. The extra files you are seeing..."actors" is a folder containg all the actor info and pics, so when you check the info for each series there will be actor info included, the season01.tbn, etc are the season posters for each season in the series. If you don't like the actors info I believe there is a way to turn it off. Media Companion does a very good job of keeping your files neat and tidy. As far as putting this info in a database I don't think it's possible because XBMC looks into those individual series folders for those files. There is a tool for renaming your files called The Renamer, just Google it and you will find it. Hope that helps. Once you get this down you will never look at another media center ever.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with TV-Series... can't refresh Database0