Is xbmc live for me?
Just need to make sure xbmc will work with my rig. A mix of 720p and 1080p movies / tv shows.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200 Brisbane 2.7GHz
Ati 3450 (outputting via COMPOSITE)
2x1gb ddr2
Windows MCE remote w/ rc6
Ember media manager (on server)
I was thinking put it on a 4gb flash drive or an old 500gb sata drive I have laying around. Just need to make sure it will use dxva and such.
I don't mind having to go linux but as this is on an old tube tv it isnt possible to read anything other a media center.
schrodinger's cat
Yes. Live would meet your needs.
bmcclure937 Wrote:Yes. Live would meet your needs.
Thanks, will give her a go with that usb tool I saw. I hate it when drives die Sad
Why do you have HD videos, and output via the worst method available? Or did you mean component instead of composite?
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Why do you have HD videos, and output via the worst method available? Or did you mean component instead of composite?

Because
hick Wrote:this is on an old tube tv
Good question... the why waste bandwidth and storage space on HD videos when you could get by with SD?! Wink

Maybe for future?!
b/c i have a 46" and 42" lcd.
FishOil Wrote:schrodinger's cat

Well applied for the topic tittle, though I fear it was lost on these confused souls. though after reading the topic, I determined that since the cat was both dead and alive while box remained closed, I would expect that by this time thecat would be dead, since no one ever bothered to open the box and feed and water the cat.

hick Wrote:b/c i have a 46" and 42" lcd.

Impressive, in this case size does matter, but only when these sizes offer full HD or 1080p not some half cocked ones I seen at massive 50" only offering HD ready which is a poor 720p

bmcclure937 Wrote:Good question... the why waste bandwidth and storage space on HD videos when you could get by with SD?! Wink

Maybe for future?!

Shouldn't this choice be left up to each individual and their needs and unique setup's?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is xbmc live for me?0