[ATV1]connecting to smb suddenly stopped working
It's probably a windows 7 problem, but I just post the xbmc.log here:

http://pastebin.com/hE6FSGaB

I dont know why it suddenly stopped, I can still connect via smb (same user/pass) on mac os x. Rebooting doesnt work. I can still connect to my atv via putty (ssh) or sftp. I tried resetting my router as well (also restarting my computer offcourse).

Can somebody shed some light on the issue?
I also tried editing sources.xml to replace my computers name with the ip adress. That didnt help as well. I never had these problems until today, it always worked flawless.
oh thank god I thought I was the only one...been messing with my network and my atv installations because of this. something not right in the latest builds??
Have you fixed the problem? I had this issue yesterday after installing Windows Live Gallery and Movie Maker. This also updated Windows Live Mail which was the problem and, for whatever reason, stopped XBMC connecting to shares.

After uninstalling WLM everything's back to normal. Except I now have no email program.
Sometimes this happens to me - I'm running XP SP3.

Just note, if everything is working fine and you're SURE you've changed nothing on either end (XBMC or PC), just reboot a few times or unshare/reshare your folders.

This has happened to me in the past on a few occasions, and I've learnt not to change network settings - just reboot a few times (including rebooting your router, which can sometimes get a bit temperamental), and hope for the best. These sort of things happen from time to time (on XP at least).
Just a thought, but are your media sources set as a static IP address in your router? If they're dynamically assigned, you might lose sight of them if they're rebooted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV1]connecting to smb suddenly stopped working0