[WINDOWS] Error compiling FFMPEG
When I try to compile FFMPEG for XBMC I get some errors in both the commandline window (where I started buildmingwlibs.bat) and the mingw window. The command-line error says:

Code:
0 [main] rxvt 7696 fhandler_pty_master::process_slave_output: internal err
or: 0 unexpected characters

and the mingw window:

Code:
480683589 [main] perl 7820 fork_copy: linked dll data/bss pass 0 failed, 0x303000..0x303434, done 0, windows pid 3408, Win32 error 487
This error is repeated a number of times. Then it stops.

I tried re-downloading the build dependencies by running DownloadBuildDeps.bat and DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat but that does not solve this issue.

I hope somebody can help me out? I use VS2010 (non-express) on a Win7 x64 PC.
Unfortunately mingw is a little flakey especially on x64 systems. Fortunately it runs ok on my Win7 x64.
What you could try is start "msys.bat -rxvt" and in the command window type in:
cd /xbmc/project/Win32BuildSetup
sh ./buildmingwlibs.sh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:Unfortunately mingw is a little flakey especially on x64 systems. Fortunately it runs ok on my Win7 x64.
What you could try is start "msys.bat -rxvt" and in the command window type in:
cd /xbmc/project/Win32BuildSetup
sh ./buildmingwlibs.sh

Still get the errors. Is there a buildlog anywhere? Can't find the VS2010 buildlog.htm either?
Do you start it as admin? If not try it
Do you use Comodo Firewall? If yes try to disable it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:Do you start it as admin? If not try it
Do you use Comodo Firewall? If yes try to disable it.

I use PC Tools firewall and AVG free and always run as administrator (I disabled the W7 UAC option). Strange thing is that it sometimes does work and sometimes not.
hey folks, I'm also having issues with mingw. For me msys.bat isn't working/running at all. When I try to start it manually I can see some messages for some milliseconds and then my console closes. Ideas?

edit:
just noticed that I can't cal rxvt.exe, not even as admin. The window opens and closes immediately Sad Using Windows7 32bit and the source is located on a mounted network share if that is of importance here

edit2:
I now managed to call rxvt. I'm running it in a VM and used vmware shared folders which seemed to cause one of the issues. I now mounted a "real" network share in my VM and was able to call rxvt as well as "msys.bat -rxvt" manually. However, I had to adjust all paths in the compile scripts in order to have the script find the sources (not everybody is having it in the root of the hdd or on the system partition, so I had to also prefix the drive letter). But that's still not sufficient - compiling the libs still doesn't work and I get a gcc crosscompile error.

Quote:gcc is unable to create an executable file.
If gcc is a cross-compiler, use the --enable-cross-compile option.
Only do this if you know what cross compiling means.

And using buildmingwlibs.bat still fails to load msys.bat/rxvt without error message.
I had never a problem on x86. Make sure u use DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat to get the mingw env. It corrects all path which are needed but has to be in project\BuildDependencies\msys for the time being.
Hi - I used the DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat - in fact I already called it several times just to be sure. But I probably didn't call it again after I mounted the other network share. I'll call it again and give compiling another try - thanks.
It seems to fail on libdvdcss:

Code:
** Cleaning libdvdcss *****
***** Building libdvdcss *****
+ test yes = yes
+ libtoolize --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `.auto'.
libtoolize: copying file `.auto/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: You should add the contents of the following files to `aclocal.m4':
libtoolize:   `/mingw/share/aclocal/libtool.m4'
libtoolize:   `/mingw/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize:   `/mingw/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize:   `/mingw/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize:   `/mingw/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4'
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
+ test -n .auto -a '!' .auto = . -a -f ltmain.sh
+ aclocal-1.11 -I .auto -I .
      0 [main] perl 6744 fork_copy: linked dll data/bss pass 0 failed, 0x3E3000..0x3E3434, done 0, windows pid 6424, Win32 error 487

Any suggestions?
Here's a possible solution for cygwin: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/msg00919.html
I know we're using msys, but it may work
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
blinkseb Wrote:Here's a possible solution for cygwin: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/msg00919.html
I know we're using msys, but it may work

I managed to get Rebaseall to work, but it does not rebase at all. The rebase file list (located in /etc/setup) cannot be found, so it does not know what to rebase.
@WiSo
thanks for the hint with calling the downloadXYDependencies again - that seemed to have helped. It's working now - PVRbranche compiled just fine Big Grin
Well, I just created a 32-bit VM and XBMC compiled like a charm. Only issue now is that XBMC crashes when streaming mms files (http://asx.sbsnet.nl/veronicatv/wegmisbr...e76879.wmv for example). But I will search the forums a bit more for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Error compiling FFMPEG0