MCE remote under XBMC Live
Hello,
I'm using an MCE remote with my XBMC live installation. The remote should work out of the box. And it does....
But when I start XBMC, the remote is working normally. Every time I press a key, a red light is blinking on the IR reciever. And the command is recieved by XBMC.
But the longer XBMC is running (starting after about 5 minutes), the red light on the reciever is blinking some times. When time goes by, it is blinking faster, till it is continiously on. The faster the red light is blinking, the worse the remote is working. And after about 1 hour the remote stopped working completely.
After a reboot the remote is working again. Anyone has an idea what could be the problem here?
Similar problem here, though I have no red light I also have a slow reacting remote (ASUS EB1501 German version).
I'm on 10.0 using arch linux with the default kernel 2.6.37.
I did compile XBMC with debug mode to check if the key presses were at least noticed but ignored, but XBMC only wrote those keys to the log file that were actually recognizable on screen.
So I tried to find out if this was maybe a problem with lircd or the module, so I first tried irw, only to find out that it worked perfectly.
So next I tought that maybe only irw might work and tried mythtv - again, perfect result.
Then I tried using irw while having XBMC in the background and suddenly it started showing the same behavior as XBMC.
Last try, nice +20 to XBMC, nice -15 to lircd.
I think there were less ignored/delayed keypresses but I'm not sure.

So what does XBMC do to lircd that makes it slow down so much Eek

EDIT: Compiled lircd with --enable-debug, attached logs on -D5 only using irw and only using xbmc
Notice the
Quote:Feb 9 23:18:19 MediaCenter lircd: pending pulse: 0
Feb 9 23:18:19 MediaCenter lircd: pending space: 0
all over the place in the xbmc log?

http://pastebin.com/wPQ8hvQt - with irw
http://pastebin.com/DuLrPNvU - with xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote under XBMC Live0