Guide: How I altered Windows to look and feel like an XBMC HTPC appliance
thica Wrote:Hello,

just downloaded the package, but I can find the windows boot animation file. Are they not included?

Hi

there is no animation file. There is 105 animation fileS. The boot-altering-program needs to be pointed to the directory containing the bmp-files and the program then creates the animation.

That's the way to do it Smile
How do you power it back on with a remote? I have an acer ir sensor on my laptop and I have to power it on manually if I shut it down.
i dont have a remote. i am planning on getting one though. I guess i find out by then. anyways, as you can see from the video, the htpc is very easy to reach to manually power on
I tried the boot screen updater yesterday and it put my system in an endless boot. Luckily I know how to fix that. I'm back to the standard windows boot screen again. Its a bummer since I spent the better part of yesterday creating my own splash screen. I'm not sure what the problem was. My windows install is only a few days old since I just installed a SSD boot drive. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have Service Pack 1 installed.

Anyway, here are the files in case anyone wants them. Maybe I'll do some digging to see what happened. As far as the program was concerned it said that everything went fine.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Is it possible to keep Windows Administrator account (with password access) ?
I have 2 accounts - one for XBMC (restricted) and one for Administrator
How will it work in your configuration?
htpc guy Wrote:I tried the boot screen updater yesterday and it put my system in an endless boot. Luckily I know how to fix that. I'm back to the standard windows boot screen again. Its a bummer since I spent the better part of yesterday creating my own splash screen. I'm not sure what the problem was. My windows install is only a few days old since I just installed a SSD boot drive. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have Service Pack 1 installed.

Anyway, here are the files in case anyone wants them. Maybe I'll do some digging to see what happened. As far as the program was concerned it said that everything went fine.

The same has happened to me! Unfortunately I do not yet know how to fix it!

Any info on getting out of this endless boot would be greatly appreciated!!
Check out this site for instructions on how to fix your system.

Basically you have to use the windows 7 disc to enter recovery mode. I don't know about you but my system does not have an optical drive so I had to download the Windows 7 recovery disc and mount that to a usb thumb drive that I could boot from. If you need to download the win7 recovery files just google it.

Then you have to use a series of commands in command line that deletes the boot splash created by bootupdater and restores the old ones. Its not too difficult and the instructions are rather easy to follow.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Hello,
Nice work, thanks for your work but i have problem with auto play cds.
When i put cd in drive it wont play? Anyone? i quess theres somethig to do with explorer.exe and windows autoplay?

Im usin asrock core 100
where did you get the background for the login screen?
Nice work
Awsome website ! I will save it in my favorites. thanksss !
deezp1 Wrote:where did you get the background for the login screen?

I googled it Smile
Forgive the noobish question. I have windows startup and just put my xbmc shortcut in the startup directory. It loads windows and autoboots xbmc immediately. What is the advantage of using eventghost and everything else? I'm running a fusion machine so if there is something that will improve overall performance I'm interested. Fusion+usb3 External + SATA OS drive+ 4gb ram
I created a couple of xbmc logo animations a while back. you check them out here on vimeo.
I was just never able to figure out how to get videos files to run at boot.

This is the image that I currently use at login, however my system stays on all the time so I only get to see it on reboots.

Great work thought. Do be advised....I have seen alot of harm cause by editing the boot screens and login animations, so becareful.
svinyard Wrote:Forgive the noobish question. I have windows startup and just put my xbmc shortcut in the startup directory. It loads windows and autoboots xbmc immediately. What is the advantage of using eventghost and everything else?

I run XBMC from the Startup folder as well.

The reason for all the messing around is purely cosmetic. It's to make the HTPC look more like a dedicated XBMC application and less like Windows.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Guide: How I altered Windows to look and feel like an XBMC HTPC appliance5