Trailer preview window problem
Question 
I'm hoping for a experienced insight on the problem I'm having with some of my trailers. My problem is that some of my trailers will not launch when I click the trailer preview button. I have noticed that all of my trailers will play if I go to the information page and click the full screened trailer button there. When I hit the tab button it then shows in the preview window, but still does not work with the preview button. I would estimate that out of my nearly 3000 trailers that only 1/6 have that problem.
All of my trailers are local, all are flash videos (.flv), I'm using Transparency! 3.11.1 and my OS is windows 7 64bit.
it's been reported before a few times...i don't know what it is, but it's no skin issue.

maybe you can add some usefull info to this ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10731
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I borrow this thread a bit, but wouldn't it be neat to have an option to download trailers in background and store them local instead of stream them?

I have huge problem with viewing trailers, its just buffering all the time. Even as I got a 100/100 line to my mac mini. Smile
Question 
I have found a commonality with the movies that will not play the trailer in the preview window. After re-writing the NFO file by hand, switching and renaming working and non-working trailers and renaming titles. I found the common element is that any movie starting with a definite article such as an, a, or the does not work. Also any movie title with a comma does not work. I know this to be the problem because if I change just the title of the movie, it then works.
I'm curious if there is anyway to make my trailers work in the preview window with out renaming all the movies.
scott8504 Wrote:Also any movie title with a comma does not work.

ah, thanx for the info.

i did fix that issue shortly after T! v3.11.1 was released.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thumbs Up 
That was the fix I was looking for! Thanks Ronie, I would have never figured that out on my own, and it was driving me crazy.
One more thank you to all involved in the development of Transparency! skin. In my opinion its the best. With the animated fanart, the large variety of customizations and clean look, its way ahead of the rest. Keep up the greatness!Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailer preview window problem0