• 4(current)
DivX® HD (High Definition) on XBMC
thanks for the reply dingdong. i've been trying this on my work computer (which i've installed so many codecs and encoding apps on i'm not suprised i have problems frankly!Wink. i'll give it a go on my pc at home with fresh installs of everything and see how things go.
thanks for the reply dingdong. i've been trying this on my work computer (which i've installed so many codecs and encoding apps on i'm not suprised i have problems frankly!Wink. i'll give it a go on my pc at home with fresh installs of everything and see how things go.
@dingdong, have you had any luck with 5.1 sound included as well ?
i have stepped down to 1024x576 & ac3, which plays without framedrops. encoding in 1280x720 without ac3 is no problem, its just the sound that pushes it to the limit. Stare
@dingdong, have you had any luck with 5.1 sound included as well ?
i have stepped down to 1024x576 & ac3, which plays without framedrops. encoding in 1280x720 without ac3 is no problem, its just the sound that pushes it to the limit. Stare
... try setting the allowed max bitrate to <= 6500kbps - that worked for me
... try setting the allowed max bitrate to <= 6500kbps - that worked for me
(dingdong @ july 25 2005,16:57 Wrote:... try setting the allowed max bitrate to <= 6500kbps - that worked for me
i wish i could Sad

i am currently using a bitrate of 4000kbps in 1-pass. i don't really understand the configuration parameters you mentioned above. now i am using virtualdubmod with xvid, they play very well, but a higher resolution doesn't exactly hurt Wink

honestly i find gordian knot a bit complex, and i was not able to set a higher resolution than 800px wide ?
(dingdong @ july 25 2005,16:57 Wrote:... try setting the allowed max bitrate to <= 6500kbps - that worked for me
i wish i could Sad

i am currently using a bitrate of 4000kbps in 1-pass. i don't really understand the configuration parameters you mentioned above. now i am using virtualdubmod with xvid, they play very well, but a higher resolution doesn't exactly hurt Wink

honestly i find gordian knot a bit complex, and i was not able to set a higher resolution than 800px wide ?
has anyone noticed on the latest t3ch build (07/31) a drop in performance in regards to these files? i had 720p running like butter on a build from earlier this year, and had even started with experimenting with 1280x1080p with some promising results. i decided to update last night. now on all 720p divx or xvid i get huge framedrops across the board.  Sad
has anyone noticed on the latest t3ch build (07/31) a drop in performance in regards to these files? i had 720p running like butter on a build from earlier this year, and had even started with experimenting with 1280x1080p with some promising results. i decided to update last night. now on all 720p divx or xvid i get huge framedrops across the board.  Sad
this is due to the changes in the hq pixel renderer. to verify this, try the hw overlays.

anyways, it's being investigated.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

this is due to the changes in the hq pixel renderer. to verify this, try the hw overlays.

anyways, it's being investigated.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for the info pike.

i tried the hw overlays and playback was much better than the hq pixel renderer mode, but it still dropped many more frames than the last build i was using (from may this year). i'm thinking i may go back to that for now.
thanks for the info pike.

i tried the hw overlays and playback was much better than the hq pixel renderer mode, but it still dropped many more frames than the last build i was using (from may this year). i'm thinking i may go back to that for now.
yeah, same experience here with 2005-07-31, so i switched back to 2005-07-17

bakman:
i'm convinced you should really stick to singlepass-divx3.11 don't get me wrong - xvid is great - but it's results are too damn good in this case, let me explain what i mean.
a perfect codec reaches a very high compression and quality by spending extra bitrate in allready complex (->high bitrate) scenes, thats what 2ndpass is for. but for the xbox with it's limited capabilities there's only one focus - the bitrate maximum - it can handle. so you want a simple codec wich never exceeds the <bitratelimit/perframe> and wich doesnt make complex scenes even more complex. meaning it's less important to care about the average bitrate, instead trying to enforce a strict perframe bitrate maximum (nandub's low-pass filter).

thats why singlepass will do the job in this case, creating a file wich is a bit less in quality, but playable and thats what counts - using xvid i was never able to keep frames from dropping.
so if you might wanna give nandub a try, the configuration parameters i mentioned can easyly be imported as a *.vcf file or setup by hand in sbc-settings. choosing 1280x720 as final resolution and cropping is all you need gordianknot for. save the *.avs file, open it with nandub, load the *.vcf, save avi - bingo (really that easy!Wink. its just one encoding pass and the quality is still great.

one more... check your source is 25fps, cause even having xbmc skipping frames it still lacks the power needed to process 29.97fps(ntsc) without frames beginning to drop. to play ntsc you might want to adjust resolution or framerate and sound to 25fps if the slowness doesnt bother you.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DivX® HD (High Definition) on XBMC0