Problem with Smart Playlists
I'm having an issue creating smart playlists.

I want to separate content on my home menu like this:

Movies
Kids Movies
UK TV
US TV
Star Trek (Yeh, I know, but...!)

So, I created smart playlists for movies and kids movies to point to the multiple paths where those content types are. I added those to the custom menu items and they worked great. When I went to add the TV shows however, when I click into that section, I get content. I've double checked all the settings and everything looks good (ie I've got the content set to TV Shows) and I've made sure that I'm matching "one or more" of my search terms (I typically have three paths for each of UK and US TV).

So for my Star Trek playlist, this is a mixed content playlist. I created Star Trek TV and Star Trek movies playlists then one master Star Trek playlist which points to both. This one doesn't work either.

I'm wondering if there is a specific way you have to set up playlists for TV shows that I'm just not figuring out.

Any help would be really appreciated!
cgibinladen Wrote:I'm having an issue creating smart playlists.

I want to separate content on my home menu like this:

Movies
Kids Movies
UK TV
US TV
Star Trek (Yeh, I know, but...!)

So, I created smart playlists for movies and kids movies to point to the multiple paths where those content types are. I added those to the custom menu items and they worked great. When I went to add the TV shows however, when I click into that section, I get content. I've double checked all the settings and everything looks good (ie I've got the content set to TV Shows) and I've made sure that I'm matching "one or more" of my search terms (I typically have three paths for each of UK and US TV).

So for my Star Trek playlist, this is a mixed content playlist. I created Star Trek TV and Star Trek movies playlists then one master Star Trek playlist which points to both. This one doesn't work either.

I'm wondering if there is a specific way you have to set up playlists for TV shows that I'm just not figuring out.

Any help would be really appreciated!

I've was following the "pseudo tv guide" thread and alot of us were having trouble with mixed playlists, thread got a little big and I lost track...short answer- not sure theres an xbmc bug with mixed playlists?

Might be best to drop a line in that thread as alot of playlists guys respond there....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Cheers mate, I'll check that out!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Smart Playlists0