New features for Official XBMC Remote (Android)...
Oh, and I found another usefull option. Pausing/muting when calling. It's already muting / pausing when youre called, but not when you're making a call yourself.
is this still being worked on?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I second the other comments that the xbmc official remote is great. And if I were to request additional features for a future version, it would definitely be keyboard support, as previously mentioned. But also, wakeup support would be great.

I.e. if the pc is asleep when you launch the android app, it sends a wake on lan packet to wake the pc up. Once the pc is awake, if xbmc isn't already running, it would launch it.

This is already being discussed on this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78167, but unfortunately their program didn't work for me.

Thanks Smile
Keyboard support....please! Give us a button to toggle android keyboard
nobody_here Wrote:Keyboard support....please! Give us a button to toggle android keyboard

Just press your menu-button for a couple of seconds and your default keyboard pops up Big Grin
gersha Wrote:Just press your menu-button for a couple of seconds and your default keyboard pops up Big Grin

Nothing happens here on my Fascinate when I long press either menu button.
gersha Wrote:Just press your menu-button for a couple of seconds and your default keyboard pops up Big Grin

Nice, now how do we send those key presses to xbmc?
I'm still lost. Menu button on remote screen or menu button on phone? I tried both with no response.
I also tried it and get the keyboard to come up on my droidx however the keypresses do not do anything in xbmc. Is there a keymap.xml that we can add to make this work?
cont believe this thread is dead.....proper keyboard support has to be at the top of the list of functions to add, it eliminates the need to have a actual keyboard in my living room Cool
Big Grin 
Hey guys, I hacked my nook color last night and installed the remote and it's just awesome! I would however like to throw in my +1 for keyboard support Big Grin

In the interim however I've found PRemoteDroid in the market and it works great so as much as I would like the keyboard to be integrated, switching apps isn't the worst thing in the world!

Anyway thanks for the great app!
Hi guys,

thanks for your work on this remote control. I think this could turn out to be the best remote there is, however on my Desire I am still using the Android Boxee/XBMC remote for two reasons:

1) the software keyboard (pops up after longish pressing menu-button) actually works in, for example, the search input box of Youtube,
2) navigation with my (optical) track ball.

Add this and I would be really happy. Just steal it from Boxee/XBMC remote if you have to ;-).

Besides, I think there is a bug. When I don't check the box 'Send single keypress' in the options, occasionally the remote 'goes wild' i.e. it keeps sending direction keys. To the left I believe, but I cannot be more specific I'm afraid...

Keep up the good work & best regards,
Paul.
For everyone wanting keyboard support - I've done some work on it. My take on the solution is an edit box on the phone where you enter the text you want, then send the whole string to xbmc.

You can vote for this feature here: http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...tail?id=85
cg8217 Wrote:For everyone wanting keyboard support - I've done some work on it. My take on the solution is an edit box on the phone where you enter the text you want, then send the whole string to xbmc.

You can vote for this feature here: http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...tail?id=85

voted. Big Grin
Hello, in addtion to keyboard support i would like to mention subtilte handling with 2 buttons : 'Next Subtitle' and 'Show/No Show Subtitle'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New features for Official XBMC Remote (Android)...0