XBMC on ATV2 using NitoTv and greenpoison
Thanks still does not fix the issue with Groovy showing anyhwere in the menus even tho its installed.

Seemed fine on FW 4.1 I wonder if its a FW 4.21 issue

Thank u
dallasnights Wrote:Thanks still does not fix the issue with Groovy showing anyhwere in the menus even tho its installed.

Seemed fine on FW 4.1 I wonder if its a FW 4.21 issue

Thank u

Sorry, i know nothing about Groovy was just posting the wifi fix.
the lowtide boot fixed the wifi problem but i still cant install any of the apps...
any1 knows if theres any solution?
I think I'm having the same problem... I tried to download the xbmc package from nitoTV and apparently it killed the Wifi, cause when I rebooted the appletv I don't have xbmc and I don't have wifi, it can't see any of the networks either. I restored the appletv and re-jailbroke it, but now i'm hesitant to install xbmc, I'll try the lowtide restart tonight.

Any other feedback with people having the same problem?
You dont need NitroTV to install xbmc... the commands found
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...MC_on_ATV2
should allow you to install without nitrotv...
nognielsen Wrote:I think I'm having the same problem... I tried to download the xbmc package from nitoTV and apparently it killed the Wifi, cause when I rebooted the appletv I don't have xbmc and I don't have wifi, it can't see any of the networks either. I restored the appletv and re-jailbroke it, but now i'm hesitant to install xbmc, I'll try the lowtide restart tonight.

Any other feedback with people having the same problem?

Same situation.

The download package did not work from nitoTV and it killed the wifi. I manually installed XBMC via the console and had to restart lowtide to correct the wireless. After I moved it from one location to another, I had to actually power cycle and then reset lowtide from within nitoTV to get the wireless up and running again.

Also once in XBMC, my smb paths did not work at first setup; I had to create without connecting and had to close and reopen XBMC for the shares to recognize.

Not to derail, but how do you edit a share within XBMC with the AppleRemote?
Samething, I used GPR6 in Windows XP SP3, I'm connected in internet, I'm able to see the NitoTV Menu but when I tried to install XBMC I received an error message:

E: Type '.deb' is not know on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.

And now, I see this message or even I try to install any other program in the list.

Someone have seen this error? Thanks to help me

Oups I found the answer at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=706642

I will try tomorrow....
Numus Wrote:You dont need NitroTV to install xbmc... the commands found
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...MC_on_ATV2
should allow you to install without nitrotv...

Thanks for heads up, I ran with those instructions and boom, working xbmc, no wifi issues! So I guess it's a problem with nitoTV and downloading the package through them, then... Oh well.. XBMC looks awesome, can't wait to mess around with it.
jailbroke with greenpoison, tried to load via NitroTV and it failed twice..then tried to install via mac terminal and got several errors and it actually screwed up my apple tv enough where it wouldn't boot to the apple menu anymore. Anyways, after doing a restore on my atv, jailbroke again, then this time installed via terminal only (without trying through NitroTV) and everything worked fine.

So my suggestion to others trying this, just jailbreak with greenpoison, then install xbmc via Terminal as described above
bdaddy Wrote:So my suggestion to others trying this, just jailbreak with greenpoison, then install xbmc via Terminal as described above

If you power cycle the AppleTV, does your wireless still work or do you have to restart lowtide?
nognielsen Wrote:...apparently it killed the Wifi, cause when I rebooted the appletv I don't have xbmc and I don't have wifi, it can't see any of the networks either. I restored the appletv and re-jailbroke it, but now i'm hesitant to install xbmc, I'll try the lowtide restart tonight.
ccgookie Wrote:The download package did not work from nitoTV and it killed the wifi. I manually installed XBMC via the console and had to restart lowtide to correct the wireless. After I moved it from one location to another, I had to actually power cycle and then reset lowtide from within nitoTV to get the wireless up and running again.
ccgookie Wrote:If you power cycle the AppleTV, does your wireless still work or do you have to restart lowtide?

To all the people who are having trouble with wifi after a reboot, follow the instructions that dtviewer mentioned (the instructions are also on this blog post). SSH in and run these commands:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get remove com.nito.nitotv
apt-get install com.nito.nitotv
killall AppleTV
joshua.lyon Wrote:To all the people who are having trouble with wifi after a reboot, follow the instructions that dtviewer mentioned (the instructions are also on this blog post). SSH in and run these commands:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get remove com.nito.nitotv
apt-get install com.nito.nitotv
killall AppleTV

Will do, thanks. I guess you're saying that reinstalling nitotv should fix the wireless woes.
Did the reintall of NitoTv and it did not fix the wifi issue.

Moreover, when I reboot the atv2, I get "no signal" displayed. I am guessing this is related to wifi issue because as soon as I plug in the RJ45 cable (without rebooting), menu now shows up on the TV.

retsarting lowtide is not an option, because I do not even get a menu on the screen until I plug in the RJ45 cable.
This fix is pretty old and if your WiFi had been working fine up until now then I doubt that it would've been the issue.

I had a similar problem. About 4-5 weeks ago my Apple TV started to randomly lose the WiFi password and not be able to connect. It started out happening once every couple of days, but it progressed to happening as often as every half-hour. I still have no idea what caused it, but last week I did the jailbreak over again and re-installed XBMC. It's been fine since then. It was annoying to have to do, and I wish I knew why the problem happened in the first place, but it was worthwhile.

So that's my advice: re-JB, and reinstall XBMC. I'm sorry I can't think of anything simpler. If you do follow that advice then don't forget to back-up your userdata folder before doing so. That way you can just drop it back in XBMC once you've reinstalled and all of your settings and library entries will be preserved
I did the jailbreak 4 times over the weekend. each time ending up with the same problem.

I think I will simply use RJ45 from now on. Not worth all this effort

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on ATV2 using NitoTv and greenpoison0