MediaPortal backend boot issue, is this happening on other OS's ??
Not sure if anyone experiences this or not or if it's ever been talked about, but I have this working fine on my windows 7, single seat setup. The problem is when I 'reboot' my machine, xbmc boots before the tv backend kicks in, so I get an error saying it cannot connect to backend.

I exit xbmc and then relaunch xbmc and it connects fine. The issue to me is that the TVService process takes longer to start then xbmc meaning xbmc cannot connect to the service because it simply hasn't started yet, I know I could download a program in order to 'delay' the startup of xbmc, but i don't want to do this.

Is anyone having this problem & is there a solution to this?

Cheers,
Loggio.
loggio Wrote:Not sure if anyone experiences this or not or if it's ever been talked about, but I have this working fine on my windows 7, single seat setup. The problem is when I 'reboot' my machine, xbmc boots before the tv backend kicks in, so I get an error saying it cannot connect to backend.

I exit xbmc and then relaunch xbmc and it connects fine. The issue to me is that the TVService process takes longer to start then xbmc meaning xbmc cannot connect to the service because it simply hasn't started yet, I know I could download a program in order to 'delay' the startup of xbmc, but i don't want to do this.

Is anyone having this problem & is there a solution to this?

Cheers,
Loggio.

As I posted in the other post in regards to your post, it simply takes longer to post than XBMC. You need to add a delay to the XBMC shortcut and I can post the shortcut code when I get home from work.
Yeah, but this is a work around I want to avoid...

It's going to be an issue using 3rd party backends and needs to be addressed by the developers to consider adding an option in xbmc settings to wait before trying to connect to tvservices.
this would require some changes in the addons and in the pvrmanager code. create a new ticket on trac for this please.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I've submitted to trac under bugs...
Hey I'm new here.I am sorry if "Off-Topic Discussion" is the wrong place for this post but i was hoping some one here on forum.xbmc.org would like this.

You're About To Find the Fastest way achievable to Level access premium quality channels directly to your Computer.

Stream TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal backend boot issue, is this happening on other OS's ??1