Losing "Library View" for Videos in Home Menu
I thought this must have been reported already somewhere. But since I couldn't find anything by searching, I thought I should mention that, with Transparency 3.11.1 under Dharma 10 (from the repos), I lose the library view every time I go from the videos menu back to the home menu (with backspace) and then back into the videos menu.

It's different under Confluence, and it was also different with Transparency for XBMC 9.11. Is this already known, maybe intended behavior, or do I need to post a debug log or anything?
true, things have changed...
but why not use the Movies or TV Shows buttons on the home menu?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well, first of all I was surprised that the "database" setting simply gets lost when going back to the home menu. (So I can activate that view, but need to take care not to drop back into the home menu, because then the setting gets reset).

If the database button would have been removed entirely from the menu in the Videos menu, I guess I would have figured that this is an intended design change. I still don't understand the sense behind keeping the flag, but deleting it upon return to the home menu. I activate the database setting for a reason and tend to hate it when a software deems to know better than I whether or not I want that setting. Big Grin

I liked this one Video menu which offered me (my family) everything they need in daily use (Movies, TV Series, MythBox Addon, YouTube Addon) - which is why XBMC also is set to start up in that view.

Maybe I can achieve the same functionality by removing "Video" and adding "Movies", "TV Shows" and "Addons" back into the home menu, and maybe I can train the family accordingly. Having one menu to cover this (which also skips the other unneeded options from the home menu) in any case surely was handy.
the single reason for the change is that in xbmc,
the Videos, Movies and TV Shows button are 'tied' together.

if i make the Videos button remember your files/library setting, this would lead to the following:
1 first, you use the Videos button first to access your files in filemode
2 next, you use the Movies button to access the movies library (xbmc changes your setting from files to library)
3 the next time you use the Videos button, you will be taken to the video library!

the only way around this is to hardcode the Videos button to always take you to filemode....and that's just what i did.

but if things go as planned this whole file/library thing will be history in the next major xbmc release.

'till then you can edit Includes_Home.xml and replace all occurrences of <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles)</onclick> with <onclick>ActivateWindow(Video)</onclick>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the explanation and hint - and for a great skin!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Losing "Library View" for Videos in Home Menu0