[LIVE] Plugin take loooooong to load
Hey folks,

I just finished my first Live setup on a Nettop. It's pretty amazing I must say Cool

Unfortunately, I have an issue: When using Plugins (in this case, the standard Youtube Addon), they take ages to load. They mostly work in the end, but it takes, for example, about 30 seconds to play a Youtube video (streaming works fine, once started)

Here's my debug log:

http://pastebin.com/Vaj5CMqz

My specs: Giada Cube N3 Nettop with Atom N330 and ION
2GB Samsung RAM
I am using WLAN for this
no problem so far with you log.
as i can read in log, you've got less than 30s between each plugin step.

if it's only on video loading for youtube, it's normal cause it use a setResolvedUrl function that loads a python code to get the video link, then load the video, and as video is online, it take some time to cache it Wink
It's not so slow on my other machine running windows....it also takes quite some time when getting lists of videos. I think it kind of gets slow responses from the server...

It's less than 30 secs, but it's unusable, e.g when playing a youtube playlist Sad

Also, not only the Youtube Addon is affected, e.g. ZDF Mediathek aswell.

I'm gonna try cable and check if it's better

EDIT: Unfortunately, it's not. I have a strong 16 Mbit Connection, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I also made a crappy Youtube Video to demonstrate my problem

Ah, 1 more information: I am using wicd-curses for my WLAN configuration
Bump?
I dont know what ages means but 30 seconds is not looooooooooong.
Thanks alot for that helpful comment! Please check out the video posted above, you will find that it is not usable like this...
You could try to disable ipv6 in grub. In some network that does not work correctly in combination with Ubuntu. Known issue.
This sounds very promising! I remember having the same issue with firefox on my Ubuntu installation. I'll try that when I get home. Thanks!
Unfortunately, I was not able to succeed.

There are many different approaches for disabling ipv6 - I followed 2 of them:

1) Add GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="ipv6.disable=1" to the /etc/default/grub file and executing afterwards

Code:
sudo grub-update

2) Creating a bad_list file in /etc/modprobe.d/ with the content:

Code:
alias net-pf-10 off

When I now execute

Code:
ip a | grep inet6

I get no results. This does mean that IPv6 is disabled (I do not really understand what this does, but several forum posts mention that).

Unfortunately, my XBMC issue is not resolved - the problem still stands.

What I am going to do now: Since I am building a Live Box for my friend, I just gonna try at his place - maybe we are lucky and the issue just fixes by itself (he has a better router than me). Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Plugin take loooooong to load0