[Emulators] Map exit button to controller
I'm not talking about exiting XBMC.

I want to know if it's possible to map a button to exit an emulator via controller.

My current setup is just working with an xbox 360 controller and when i enter the emulator i have to exit via a keyboard.

I want to be able to map this by pressing something like Left trigger, right trigger, start and back.

Any help is appreciated.
eventghost?

i use a frontend called gameex for emulators. it has a built in feature for just this purpose. i'm not sure if the rom launcher add-on has anything like this functionality.
twotone8 Wrote:eventghost?

i use a frontend called gameex for emulators. it has a built in feature for just this purpose. i'm not sure if the rom launcher add-on has anything like this functionality.

Hmm thanks for reply, i might give Gameex a go tonight.
But as far as i can find, launcher doesnt have this.

Just means i'll have two front ends.
Not sure if this is exactly what you are asking, but I use an XBOX 360 Controller as well, and I have Eventghost mapped with just one button push for the controller. The rest is mapped through XBMC.

I have the R3 (Right analog push) mapped with the Alt+F4 command, which is a universal quit command in Windows. Be careful though, because Alt+F4 if pressed within XBMC will quit that too.

I don't know if there is a way to make XBMC not respond to that command, but that would be ideal because then I can exit any program and keep XBMC on in the background.
Personally Created Stock Footage and Animated Videos for Backgrounds or Screensavers
100+ video files can all be found on my blog: Beachfront B-Roll. All are free.
The clips are a simple "Right click, save" and there is no signup or registering required either.
I tried GameEX and it's not that great for me.

You are on the right track about alt+f4, but as you said that's kinda a risky job as it may kill XBMC if it's the selected window.

I was thinking more like a combination of buttons to kill a certain process.
Just use eventghost to map a gamepad key to find the window(s) of whatever emulators you use and kill that window, then you won't have to worry accidentally closing XBMC.
:O sounds like this might be the thring i want Big Grin

Thanks alot Smile
I used xpadder which also allows me to play older pc games with my xbox 360 controller.

It just remaps keyboard strokes to your controller.

Not sure if event ghost can do this?
Hi dude,
i use this open source project to do this.
I think you enjoy this.

http://fpaganini.github.io/CloseEmulator/

If you have doubt with this, please call me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Emulators] Map exit button to controller0