Regexp to exclude Compilations directory?
I have a pretty decent iTunes music collection and I'd like to import that into my XBMC library so I can listen to them from there too. However, in there I have lots of Best Of Year/Genre compilation CD's like 'Hitzone', 'Mastermix', etc that really mess up the library. Not to mention make XBMC go haywire trying to scrape them all (there's thousands of artists if you add them all up). I really just want my regular artist/album collection on the system.

In any other situation I'd just have moved the compilations to another location and let XBMC scrape the rest, but iTunes runs my collection so I have little say in the matter. Handily though it puts all of these compilation CD's into one directory called 'Compilations' on the same level as all the other artist directories. The entire music dir is shared on a samba share from my iMac. I'd like to exclude this compilations directory through advancedsettings.xml and from the examples I saw on the forum I thought this would be enough:

Code:
<audio>
    <excludefromscan>
        <regexp>Compilations</regexp>
    </excludefromscan>
</audio>

But that didn't do anything. I suppose this only works on the file level? What should I put in the regexp tag for it to exclude the entire Compilations directory?

Also, would a similar regexp work for me to exclude not the entire Compilations dir, but just a set of Compilations subdirectories like all Hitzone or all Mastermix albums? That way some of the valid albums in the Compilations dir could be kept...
Tried:

Code:
[-\._ ](compilations)[-\._ ]

as per the example in the wiki, but that wouldn't work either...
I assume you've got the <advancedsettings> tags there? Check to see it's being read by taking a nosy at the debug log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I assume you've got the <advancedsettings> tags there? Check to see it's being read by taking a nosy at the debug log.

Yeah, this box has needed an advancedsettings file from the start in order to use the DDS fanart (runs on an aTV1 so pretty much required). Bit where it loads from debug log:

Code:
00:37:10 T:3043030880 M:195739648  NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
00:37:10 T:3043030880 M:195739648  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
                                              <songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration>
                                              <audio>
                                                <excludefromscan>
                                                  <regexp>[-\._ ](compilations)[-\._ ]</regexp>
                                                </excludefromscan>
                                              </audio>
                                              <musiclibrary>
                                                <allitemsonbottom>true</allitemsonbottom>
                                              </musiclibrary>
                                            </advancedsettings>

Link to debug log on pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/NWL7GXAP
Sorry guys, I'm not usually this incompetent, but I really have no idea how to do this... help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regexp to exclude Compilations directory?0