• 35(current)
Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)
Hey Poofy, I noticed the Intel NUC Celeron version didn't make it on that list, unless I somehow missed it. Is it the fact that it'll cost more than the Chromebox when you consider buying all the goodies that the Chromebox already comes with perhaps?
If this question has already been answered I apologized for the inconvenience, but I got on this very interesting thread a little too late. I read approximately the first twelve pages and found nothing related to it.
(2015-03-10, 19:48)chalo_kool Wrote: Hey Poofy, I noticed the Intel NUC Celeron version didn't make it on that list, unless I somehow missed it. Is it the fact that it'll cost more than the Chromebox when you consider buying all the goodies that the Chromebox already comes with perhaps?
If this question has already been answered I apologized for the inconvenience, but I got on this very interesting thread a little too late. I read approximately the first twelve pages and found nothing related to it.

basically, it's less capable (BayTrail vs Haswell) and costs more
Thanks for the quick reply Matt..!
(2015-03-10, 18:05)wrxtasy Wrote: Unfortunately Android and Live TV = best of luck with that, especially in a stick format.

Deinterlacing will be a problem generally with any Android device, it may work at a SD resolution but HD forget about it.

Save yourself grief now and get a RPi 2 regardless of what your girlfriend is used to. She won't be happy with crap picture quality.
The learning curve is not at all hard with the RPi2, if you get the correct parts to start off with.

Get a cheap Fire TV stick as well for paid services like Netflix to complement the RPi2. You have the cheapest and best of both worlds then without compromising video picture quality or paid services.

You have backed yourself into a corner, and need widen your focus.

which version of the RPI2 should I buy for that?
There is only one version AFAIK.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
wouldn't a better android stick work at the very least reasonably well? Does someone watch live tv in an android stick on kodi?
(2015-03-10, 21:30)mingus Wrote: wouldn't a better android stick work at the very least reasonably well? Does someone watch live tv in an android stick on kodi?

Not if they value their sanity. Why are you obsessed by android sticks?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I don't have anything against raspberry, but the thing is not only have I never used it I don't know if I would be able to use it or to hide it where I want it to sit.
This is a picture of the bedroom where I would like to have it. Would it be possible to hide it the way I would hide a stick or does it require external power? For it to work wifi based and with a control what would I have to buy?
subefotos

If someone can help me figure it out that would be great. How much would everything cost me?
You will need:

1. A RPi2
2. A 5v power supply at least 1.5-2A. This may or may not be available from the USB ports that your TV may or may not have at the back, otherwise you need a mains cable.
3. A usb wifi stick.
4. If your TV has CEC support you should be able to use the TV remote.
5. An HDMI cable.
Yes it is small enough to put behind a TV.
how much would something like set me back for? Would I have to pay as much as these cost?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8GB-KODI-XBMC-...4d2861a0c4
Ooops I did forget to mention a microusb card didn't I? (possibly because I have some already and didn't need to buy one).

Hard for me to say what is a good deal in another market, but that deal seems about right. People who live in the UK may be able to point you to better deals. Also you might already have an HDMI cable or a high power USB charger.
(2015-03-11, 00:58)mingus Wrote: how much would something like set me back for? Would I have to pay as much as these cost?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8GB-KODI-XBMC-...4d2861a0c4

This would be a better idea from an Official RPi supplier. I've bought from them before and they are excellent.

http://cpc.farnell.com/ucreate-starterkit

I've sent you a PM. As I did a list just recently for another user of what you need, and where to source.

(2015-03-10, 06:28)agender Wrote: If you can stretch your budget $20, you can get a Chromebox.

Where can you get a chrome box for $120?
(2015-03-11, 04:40)redjester Wrote:
(2015-03-10, 06:28)agender Wrote: If you can stretch your budget $20, you can get a Chromebox.

Where can you get a chrome box for $120?

Used or refurbished from eBay or Amazon.

Smile
Is it better?
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)26