• 61(current)
Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)
Amazon are douchebags
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2015-07-14, 00:35)Mark300zx Wrote:
(2015-07-03, 01:19)poofyhairguy Wrote: So I will do a full update soon and I would love further suggestions. With that said tonight I deleted the Amazon Fire TV stuff because Amazon is on the list now. Long live Kodi!

Sorry for being a complete Noobie, but did you delete Amazon Fire because it is no longer any good or for some other reason?

It was a protest statement because Amazon removed Kodi from it's app store.

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-appstore-...oves-kodi/
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Many thanks for your reply, does that mean you can no longer sideload kodi onto the boxes/sticks, as we never had Kodi available on the app store in the UK anyway?
No, you can still install it the same as you did before and even though Kodi was on the Amazon app store you could never install it directly to the AFTV or Stick from the store.

The removal from the thread was more about the fallacy as to why Kodi was removed from the store than the AFTV devices or that Kodi can still be installed on them.

Nothing has changed though with respect to installing or using Kodi on AFTV devices, the only thing that has changed is attitude of Kodi fans towards Amazon.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The Amazon Fire TV stick is still a freaking great deal at $40 for a complete system that includes a remote. Fire TV box is not as impressive since the Nexus Player's price drop. Nexus Player does everything except Prime Video, and Prime Video does not impress me at all.
The Stick is actually even a better deal today (7/15/2015), Prime Day, for $24.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GDQ0RMG/?tag=primeday15-20
Hi everybody.
I am completely new and ask for someone's help:

I have a system build around a MacMini, but unfortunately my Mac is dead. Another MacMini (I would like it) is to expensive and I want go on to Android operating. I have been managing my contents with XBMC (now Kodi) for some years, and I find it flawless for my purposes -> my exclusive uses of my center are: films watching and music listening.
There are some points I have to take care of: I have all my contents in HFS format (more than 5 Tb ...) and I am not willing to transfer everything into NTFS format drives , I need audio output digital to feed an external DAC and HiFi system, and I want HD and 4K quality best quality. I am not streaming from internet, nor playing games, ..
When I go over this blog (which I find extraordinary) I simply get lost. I really don't know where to head for ...
If someone can help me ... Thanks in advance
With Android, I don't know. You'd have to convert to some other filesystem, I believe - not necessarily NTFS, mind you. There's lot of options. Digital audio output may be a problem too; I don't know enough about the audio end of things with Android to comment on that. Realistically, I don't think Android is going to work for your requirements though..

I'd think you'd want to go with a Linux based system. Adding HFS support to linux is trivial, so you could run say the Kodi distro of Ubuntu, and use:

sudo apt-get install hfsprogs

to add HFS support, then mount as normal using hfsplus as the filesystem type.
Thank you sincerely. This gives me a path to follow ! I know something about Linux (I am running some software under Linux) and I shloud feel pretty confident with it. A good idea. I am going down to work on it.
If you go the linux x86 way, and want 4K quality using H264, a Haswell 2955U (chromebox or similar) should be enough. Another alternative which supports 4K HEVC hardware decoding is the new Intel Braswell (no HEVC linux support yet though but it's still early days). And a motherboard like the N3150-ITX should have all the audio outputs you need.
(2015-07-19, 17:37)Wintersdark Wrote: With Android, I don't know. You'd have to convert to some other filesystem, I believe - not necessarily NTFS, mind you. There's lot of options. Digital audio output may be a problem too; I don't know enough about the audio end of things with Android to comment on that. Realistically, I don't think Android is going to work for your requirements though..

I'd think you'd want to go with a Linux based system. Adding HFS support to linux is trivial, so you could run say the Kodi distro of Ubuntu, and use:

sudo apt-get install hfsprogs

to add HFS support, then mount as normal using hfsplus as the filesystem type.

Pretty sure that OpenElec has built in HFS support too.
Just have a few questions. My 2015 Sony has Android on it. Looking for something that I can run Kodi on all of my televisions. Android on the new Sony is slow and buggy, was thinking of buying a box so I could run Kodi on thereMy Sony is 4K,I would want something that could do 4K, rest of my televisions are 1080p. What would be the best box to purchase for running Kodi on them? Thanks for the help
Chromebox seems to be the go to for 1080p at present.

Do you actually have any 4K content? If not, just run kodi at 1080p onto your TV and use a chromebox.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-07-19, 22:08)oWarchild Wrote: If you go the linux x86 way, and want 4K quality using H264, a Haswell 2955U (chromebox or similar) should be enough. Another alternative which supports 4K HEVC hardware decoding is the new Intel Braswell (no HEVC linux support yet though but it's still early days). And a motherboard like the N3150-ITX should have all the audio outputs you need.
Thanks. You're a great help !
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)26