Help configuring a Qnap for ATV2 XBMC
Hi,

I'm currently running Plex on my system streaming films and tv shows from my Qnap to my ATV2
The directories are qnap/public/films and qnap/public/tv shows.

I have tried setting up XBMC now on my ATV2 but cannot work out how to get it to see my Nas and the two directories.
I have tried searching but still cannot work it out.

Does someone have a similar setup that can help me configure the qnap and XBMC so I can see my films and tv hows?

Thanks,

DAve.
Is the QNAP using SMB? If so select the Add source option under Video/Music/whatever and click the Browse button and from the bottom of the list (you'll need to scroll down) choose Add network location. Feed in the server name "qnap" and the share name, "public", and the username and password if you need one to connect to your QNAP and click OK.

In the list of available sources you should now see smb://qnap/public. Select this source and drill down to whatever directory you want.

JR
Thanks for the advise, what is smb and then I will see if I am running it.

Thanks again
mccltd Wrote:Thanks for the advise, what is smb and then I will see if I am running it.

SMB is the standard Windows file sharing protocol. It's enabled by default on QNAPs (I have several QNAPs) and by default there is a share called Public, so I'd guess it's enabled on your QNAP.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help configuring a Qnap for ATV2 XBMC0