• 8(current)
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer
in the XBMCSetup-20110430-caa7295-dx.exe release,is ac3 and dts bitstream working?
Oooh repeated poking and things are working Smile

\o/

Nice work!
Well the newest build works with network remote without dying which is a good start.

That being said, some if my lower res videos look very blocky compared to dsplayer, as though they arent being scaled very well, even when I shift to bicubic 0.75, anyone got any suggestions on this? I was using the same ffdshow install for both players, just changed xbmc round!

Also subtitle support seems to still be a bit whacked, was displaying the coding for example with one file rather than interpreting the subs, Tiben, if you see this which subtitle engine does dscodec use? It doesn't seem to be xbmc default, but not sure if its custom or perhaps ffdshow renderer etc
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
one word and one word only.....just trash the dscodec and integrate and i mean not external but totally combine mpchc and i mean its core with xbmc together....guys and dear team xbmc...dontcha all think its time we made this right ....dont we all deserve the best video and audio quality possible?...and not to forget da most killer frontend available....well then lets get to work shall we....xD...fo real!!!!....my 2 cents

p.s: for further interest of wtf im talkin about just check my latest thread oh and btw alexrose1uk i feel ya got the same blocky shizzns with non h264 vids but who am i kidding anything non madvr just looks shit...-.-'...xD...peace
hentai23 Wrote:....well then lets get to work shall we....

You get the ball rolling then, and start da coding.

What a genius post No ...peace
xD...damn you dont wanna know how bad i wish i had da skillz ...xD....but fo real im just trying to motivate em pro skillz coderz on da forum....xD...peace and lets do this...huzahhh!!!....volunteers...anybody...xD
hentai23 Wrote:xD...damn you dont wanna know how bad i wish i had da skillz ...xD....but fo real im just trying to motivate em pro skillz coderz on da forum....xD...peace and lets do this...huzahhh!!!....volunteers...anybody...xD
I started coding by looking at open source project you can start to do it too. You will see that what your asking is far away from being a piece of cake.

Also take note that xbmc can be developed from a free ide (Microsoft c++ express 2010)
Mpc-hc need visual studio 2010 (certain lib to make development easier are used and they are not willing to modify the code to make it work without it)
yeah sadly i can only imagine how much work it is...but on the bright side just imagine how much increase in video quality youd get , never said it was easy but this is a much needed request to all pro skillz coders out there nonetheless, i hope im not the only one that sees this as such, peace

p.s: if id have the skillz to do it id hardly bring this up at all and just do it myself...nduh..tsk tsk tsk.....xD
tiben, its possible to implement DShowHelper in DSCodec?

Im talking about this: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/genera...ent-81148/

This was implemented in DSPlayer (show statistics option), its possible to port into dscodec?

Regards!
tocinillo Wrote:tiben, its possible to implement DShowHelper in DSCodec?

Im talking about this: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/genera...ent-81148/

This was implemented in DSPlayer (show statistics option), its possible to port into dscodec?

Regards!
No it won't be.
The implementation of directshow is a totally different approach from what it is with every other player using directshow.
CoreAVC can be used with DSCodec? or it search only for ffdshow/mpc filters?
sergiocos Wrote:CoreAVC can be used with DSCodec? or it search only for ffdshow/mpc filters?
its the next thing i fix after adding vmr9
I'm almost done just got some direct3d stuff to fix and it should be working for the vmr9
tiben20 Wrote:No it won't be.
The implementation of directshow is a totally different approach from what it is with every other player using directshow.

Yes, I know. But I'm talking about the statistics....and specially the red/green line to see if I have judder or not. This is impossible to implement?

Thanks tiben, your work is awesome.
At the risk of sounding dumb...

What is the difference between the dscodec version of xbmc and the AudioEngine branch? Are they both going to allow for 7.1 hi-def sound streaming like DSplayer? I have been using the old DSplayer version which is absolutely fantastic, I'm afraid to try either of these 2 new options for fear of losing what I have now.

I'm currently running windows 7 32 bit on a core i3 attached to a Denon AVR 890 receiver running to my 50" Pioneer Kuro Elite. Will either of these versions work like DSPlayer?

Thanks...
vmax Wrote:At the risk of sounding dumb...

What is the difference between the dscodec version of xbmc and the AudioEngine branch? Are they both going to allow for 7.1 hi-def sound streaming like DSplayer? I have been using the old DSplayer version which is absolutely fantastic, I'm afraid to try either of these 2 new options for fear of losing what I have now.

I'm currently running windows 7 32 bit on a core i3 attached to a Denon AVR 890 receiver running to my 50" Pioneer Kuro Elite. Will either of these versions work like DSPlayer?

Thanks...
the branch is adding directshow to dvdplayer as a codec instead of an entire other player. It's a preferred way to it by the team since the code is less intrusive. Keep dsplayer if you want to keep your setup working. Only the video part is really to close to be added to trunk the audio part is not what i'm good at so it might take more time.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer5