changing 30s jump forward time.
Hi,

I just installed XBMC for the first time, and used the XBMC live cd to install it on my hard drive.

Now, i can't find a way to modify the 30 sec jump forward time.

Some people talk about editting a file, which i can't seem to locate when i boot from an ubuntu live cd.

Is there perhabs a tool that can modify keyboard settings so i can use my keyboard for more then just pauze/play?
or a tutorial that shows where to find the file, and what i have to edit to change it to eg. 10 secs?
Take a look here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Cvideo.3E
ASRock ION 330
Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64 minimal install
xbmc from unstable ppa
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<subsdelayrange>0.100</subsdelayrange>  <!-- Delay range for subtitles, in seconds. -->
  <audiodelayrange>0.100</audiodelayrange>  <!-- Delay range for audio/video sync, in seconds. -->
  <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>  <!-- Whether to use time based or percentage based seeking. -->
  <timeseekforward>3</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
  <timeseekbackward>-3</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
</advancedsettings>

so this would be the code? But where do i put this now?
Read the top of that page. Good grief.
ASRock ION 330
xbmc from unstable ppa
i guess you mean this ?

Quote:The "advancedsettings.xml" file, which does not exist by default, may be created by a user in their "\UserData\" folder.
Please consult your plaform specific FAQ for the appropriate location.
This file can contain additional settings and pre-defined values for the settings available in the GUI (thus removing them from the GUI settings screens).
"advancedsettings.xml" is useful for advanced/expert users and for installers.

NOTE! This file will not exist unless created by the end-user, meaning YOU!

The XBMC software will never write to this file, so any settings you define will not be overwritten by any XBMC GUI settings.
So you can only edit this file manually on your computer, via a text-editor (like Notepad in Windows or a XML-editor).
All the settings available outside of the GUI are documented on this page.

NOTE: This file is CaSe SeNsItIvE and must contain the <advancedsettings> tag (see the layout section below), so make sure you use all lower-case tags or they will not be read properly by XBMC.

\userdata\ is under windows i think, but i'm using the xbmc live cd, so it has to go under ubuntu somewhere, and i dont know where i have to put that advancedsettings.xml.
You even pasted the text of the link that says: Please consult your plaform specific FAQ for the appropriate location.

I followed the link, and found the location for Vista, XP, and Win7 within seconds. Why don't you try?
ASRock ION 330
xbmc from unstable ppa
If you only want to jump forward 10 seconds you don't need to edit anything as up arrow is 10 seconds right arrow is 30 but as gsgleason pointed out these are easily changed
Hi,

when i press the Up key, it jumps 10 minutes, not 10 seconds.

All i want is to find a way that when i press the right arrow on my keyboard, the video jumps 5 seconds, not 30.

@gleason, I dont use windows.

i need to add a file in the UserData folder?
$HOME/.xbmc/userdata

i added this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<timeseekforward>5</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
<timeseekbackward>-5</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
</advancedsettings>

but nothing happens.
Your missing video from your advanced settings in future you should check your log as it will tell you whats wrong

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <timeseekforward>5</timeseekforward>
  <timeseekbackward>-5</timeseekbackward>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
changing 30s jump forward time.0