[ATV2] HOW-TO position XBMC button in first spot on ATV menu
Thanks, much appreciated!

I keep a list of tweaks ive madr that need redoing when i update to new versions so thats not an issue ;-)
sdesign Wrote:I found how to change the name of other apps (e.g. I have changed 'movies' to 'rentals') but cant figure out how to do it for xbmc.

I also have installed the couchsurfer pro app, which appears as 'browser'. I'd like to move this so that it appears under 'internet' alongside youtube etc. Any ides?

you will need to edit another file:

/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

it only has little content, so you should spot this right away:

Code:
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>XBMC</string>

just change "XBMC" to whatever you like and the ATV2 main menu will show this instead of "XBMC".
Me German. Me not speach English very ok. ;)
sdesign Wrote:Yes, just go into the appliances folder and rename the folder the app you want to hide. So if you want to hide 'computers' rename to frappliance.computers.old. Rrstart lowide in nitotv and it will be gone.

Super!!!
I just have XBMC and Settings left.
Now I have no more need to go and change the order of the menu anymore! Laugh
Fire69 Wrote:Quote: Originally Posted by sdesign Yes, just go into the appliances folder and rename the folder the app you want to hide. So if you want to hide 'computers' rename to frappliance.computers.old. Rrstart lowide in nitotv and it will be gone. Super!!! I just have XBMC and Settings left. Now I have no more need to go and change the order of the menu anymore!

Why not hide settings?
sdesign Wrote:I found how to change the name of other apps (e.g. I have changed 'movies' to 'rentals')

How do you do this? I've had a look around but can't seem to find the answer.
Image Don't even think about my mother!
Stiffler Wrote:How do you do this? I've had a look around but can't seem to find the answer.

Go to /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances/Movies.frappliance/English.lproj

Change

CFBundleName = "Movies";

to

CFBundleName = "Rentals";
EvilMonkey Wrote:you will need to edit another file:

/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

it only has little content, so you should spot this right away:

Code:
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>XBMC</string>

just change "XBMC" to whatever you like and the ATV2 main menu will show this instead of "XBMC".

Thanks, that worked!

Any luck finding how to move things under submenus? Now I have a media menu I'd love to move Groovy and Last.fm under there too to site alongside xbmc :-)

Cheers,

SD
Some good info is this thread that I think would be helpful in the FAQ's. Very happy I have now removed Computers, XBMC renamed to Media, oh and also Music removed too.
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
DazNoonan Wrote:Some good info is this thread that I think would be helpful in the FAQ's. Very happy I have now removed Computers, XBMC renamed to Media, oh and also Music removed too.
Music?
EvilMonkey Wrote:hello,

i know that this is not exactly an XBMC thing, but i think there might be others who want the thing i just achieved for their ATV as well.

i was getting annoyed bei XBMC being the fourth button on th ATV menu. i have an ATV2 with just nitoTV installed and XBMC. so XBMC will be positioned after Movies, nitTV and Internet.

since i only have the ATV2 for XBMC, i wanted to optimize where XBMC is in the menu. Overflow was not an option for me, since i still would not be having XBMC in the first spot of the ATV menu.

[clip]

Thank you! ...also changed "XBMC" to a custom name on ATV2 main menu.
I would love to move XBMC into the 'Computers' Menu as I use both, but want to keep the main menu nice and tidy. Any ideas?
EvilMonkey Wrote:hello,

2nd file to edit: /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Info.plist

look for those lines
Code:
<key>FRAppliancePreferedOrderValue</key>
<integer>2</integer>
and change the value in between integer-tag to 0 - save file and close.

This file seems to be a binary one on my ATV2. Can't find xml tags. Any ideas.
are you sure you're looking in the right place? plist-files always have some kind of xml-structure inside. make sure after logging in to your atv2 you first go all the way up to system root.
Me German. Me not speach English very ok. ;)
Yes I checked many times. The other one was XML(AppleTV) and able to modify it. But this one is binary and can't find XML tags. Weird!!
is there a way to move nito tv and computer... i would like to move them all the way to the end..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] HOW-TO position XBMC button in first spot on ATV menu0