IDEA: Better Container.Content/Foldername
Hitcher Wrote:Question - when running an add-on does it return the add-on parent folder (ie Video Add-ons) or the add-on folder (ie plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite)?

Thanks.

neither of those. it returns nothing...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Correct - addons is the one thing we can't really control, though I guess I may be able to take care of the "root" of the addon listing.

One idea is to add a setLabel() to the addon listing to allow the addon author to do this themselves. The other idea is to redo it all so it's handled purely by remembering the previous item that was clicked on.

The problem with the second method is it breaks when you go directly to a subfolder (eg via ActivateWindow) and in that case we cannot give the full history, whereas with the current method that is at least feasible (though not implemented).

Opinions?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ronie Wrote:neither of those. it returns nothing...

Damn I forgot to test that section before It got merged in but you were both cc'd on the ticket and made no comments before he did http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10313 maybe your forum emails are wrong ?
It could simply be that it is trickier to build non-master? The buildbot now can build other repo's + branches, so once the dumping ground is setup, I'll be able to fire off builds for you guys if that'll make things easier for you to test (obviously you still have to have time to test it!)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Jezz_X Wrote:Damn I forgot to test that section before It got merged in but you were both cc'd on the ticket and made no comments before he did http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10313 maybe your forum emails are wrong ?

i did test it, but overlooked it as well.
the only issue i found was the 'source name' / 'folder name' mixup,
but didn't mention it on the ticked since you already did ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
jmarshall Wrote:It could simply be that it is trickier to build non-master?...................
"Amen to that brother" Gits development method is so fragmented around the place I'm surprised anyone could keep track of the whole thing Sad
jmarshall Wrote:It could simply be that it is trickier to build non-master? The buildbot now can build other repo's + branches, so once the dumping ground is setup, I'll be able to fire off builds for you guys if that'll make things easier for you to test (obviously you still have to have time to test it!)
Yes please.
Probably a known issue at this stage, but reporting just in case. Videos with files content type aren't being marked as watched or unwatched.

d6058ae-master

EDIT: also, when I use the condition Container.HasFiles in sources://video, it is set to true even though there are only "folders" there. It seems the "Add videos..." entry has a 0 byte size and is seen as a file.

EDIT2: marking as watched/unwatched also not working on tv shows main listing. When I go into the tv show, and use it on "all seasons" level it does work (and on individual seasons)
There is a problem with the files nodes and container.content(files).
When a folder is set to container.content(movies) and you enter that folder through the files listing, the container.content is still movies and not files. As I understand from this topic, this is intended. The label2 information however is from files.
I know I am a bit late to the party, but imo the container content of a folder entered through the files menu should have container content files, no matter if it is set to a different content. Maybe it's possible to combine container content. As it is now you are stuck with the label2 information, you can't hide it on container.content(files) basis and hiding it with container.content(movies) will also remove the label in the movies node.
I have a similar issue with episodes when accessed through the files node, the content type is set to episodes, causing a label to show up that I only want to display when going in through the library node.

GIT:20110526-2B32C07
Also, ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes) doesn't seem to be available when going through the files node?
jmarshall Wrote:Will try and get to Container.Content at some point - lots to do, so little time!

Cheers,
Jonathan

Any eta for this yet?

Thanks.
jmarshall Wrote:Hi all,

So here's a thread to get to the bottom of the issue, and get it fixed in time for Eden.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Just curious as to whether this will now make it before Eden seeing as a feature freeze has been announced.

Thanks.
(2011-02-20, 00:43)jmarshall Wrote: So, first up we can improve Container.Content so that what we set there better aligns with the things you want. A couple of ideas here:

1. First up we'll need a good list of what we currently have, and what they mean.
2. Then we can extend it to a better list as needed.
3. Perhaps we could have extended attributes of the list.
- we could indicate that it's an addon listing the addon supplies movies
- alternatively we could indicate how much metadata we expect the list to provide (for those addons that have thumbs but not much extra metadata).
- We could possibly also specify the sort of thumb that the list generally applies.

Let me know your thoughts and let's get it fixed.

Is any of this is going to make Frodo?

Thanks.
Nope - I suspect the entire addons api will get a do-over post Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IDEA: Better Container.Content/Foldername0