Adding network source
I've just started using Linux Mint (buhbye Windows) and have the house server running it. I have the media drive shared for the network along with XBMC.

Now I've just installed Mint with XBMC on my primary system, but I'm having trouble Adding a movie source. I mounted the media drive on the desktop, but it's not showing as a source in XBMC. I tried using SMB as a source as the server is using a static IP in the router, but I don't think I'm doing it right.

Any thoughts?
One more time in english.
Fishoil, real classy.

Smagyarown, you'll have to add the share as a source in XBMC. When you go to movies, music, pictures, etc, there should be an option for 'add source.'

If you mounted the the share on you desktop, are you able to view the contents outside of XBMC?

The IP address assignment should have no bearing on the share method, by the way.
ASRock ION 330
Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64 minimal install
xbmc from unstable ppa
OK. I'd left the program alone whilst reprogramming my mouse wheel for the movie menu. When I came back, I tried the Add Source again and this time the mounted drive showed up.

I'm guessing it just takes a few minutes for the mounted drive to show up in the environment.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding network source0