[AppleTV2] MT2S File Streaming crashes XMBC on ATV2?
Hi

Firstly hello to everyone, first post on the forum. I've just gone out and bought the ATV2 based on the fact that you can install XBMC. Finally able to stream my .mkv media from my NAS without transcoding, sweet!

All was going to well until I tried to stream HD .MTS files (MT2S, AVCHD). These stream fine to my Panasonic Plasma TV from the same NAS, which is running Twonky by the way.

The crash makes the screen freeze and go green. Hard reset of the ATV2 is the only way to recover.

Another slight annoyance is display doesnt seem to fit my screen well, not matter how I try and resize it still seem to be losing part of the image on the vertical and horizontal.

Apart from these two issues, it's a very nice first release. Keep up the good work!!
Figured out that by turning off Hardware Acceleration in Video Setttings - Playback, solves the crash problem. However all my .MTS videos require some buffering and even then are extremely choppy, not watchable at all.
crash reporter log and xbmc.log to a pastebin site please.
Hi

Can't find crashreporter log in the location in your signature. There are however panic logs if thats what you mean?

Also xbmc log not found in /Library/Logs

Please advise where I can find these on ATV2

Thanks
those files exist on my AppleTV 2G:

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log

/var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/LatestCrash.plist
http://pastebin.com/CDaF2zZf
Hi Candyman2000,

Just to second that it crashes for me too. I have just updated to the latest build from meshuga and will report back if I still have the problem.

Regards,
Dom
Right, it still crashes for me on the new verion with hardware acceleration, with hardware acceleration switched off the movie plays but very poor quality (ie 5 frames per second with a pause of one second every two seconds).

Looks like the problem is still there.
Let me know if anyone needs logs, etc.

I would love to play AVCHD files as all my home videos (from Sony camera) are in AVCHD format.

Regards,
Dom
What connection are you on? Almost sounds like you are on Wifi and it's having bandwidth issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] MT2S File Streaming crashes XMBC on ATV2?0