Add-on doesn't download
Question 
Hello!

I have a new HTPC running latest XBMC/ubuntu on an Atom330/ION set up. I can not download and install any add-ons/skins/etc. When I try to the download get stuck on 0%. Installing from .zip seems to work ok.

To complicate things I am a total n00b on ubuntu and have only occasionally used older versions of XBMC.

Hope someone can help me!
Here is the link to the log file

http://pastebin.com/tSZDRZMQ
seems you xbmc doesn't have internet access.
ppic Wrote:seems you xbmc doesn't have internet access.

ok, I almost expected that. But there is no problem with my internet connection outside of XBMC (downloads, internet radio etc works fine). Is there a firewall or something like that in Ubuntu that I must configure or is there any settings inside XBMC that I have to change?
no proxy activated in xbmc?
ppic Wrote:no proxy activated in xbmc?

No.
Double check your systems network settings. You're running XBMC on a dedicated box or is it a workstation?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Double check your systems network settings. You're running XBMC on a dedicated box or is it a workstation?

I can not find any explanation in the network settings.

Not quite sure what's the difference between a dedicated box and a workstation, but it is a full Ubuntu 10.10 install an a XBMC 10.0 r35648. I have only used the machine for XBMC and some internet TV.

According to system info->network the XBMC is connected to the internet.

And to make things more confusing I don't have any problem accessing the WLAN and play files on my NAS, and the WLAN is connected to the internet, ie it is the same WLAN I am using to post this.
Solved this problem by installing the latest firmware on my dlink 655 router

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on doesn't download0