Got Hulu Working on ATV2
RoarinRow Wrote:Today I put some trailers in my queue through my desktop

RoarinRow: I also wanted to point out that you can add/remove from you queue and subscribe/unsubscribe from shows from within the plug-in. played videos are added to your hulu history as well. It is also possible to delete from you history if you want.

I believe it is a long menu press for appletv2 to bring up the context menu on the selected show or video. This context menu is where queue and subscription options are.
I presume this is a USA only service as every link is not working for me in the uk or am I missing something? Hopefully I am being a newbe as the listings show some great content.
BlueCop Wrote:RoarinRow: I also wanted to point out that you can add/remove from you queue and subscribe/unsubscribe from shows from within the plug-in. played videos are added to your hulu history as well. It is also possible to delete from you history if you want.

I believe it is a long menu press for appletv2 to bring up the context menu on the selected show or video. This context menu is where queue and subscription options are.

Great, good to know. This is getting better and better each day. Thank you!
wattie777 Wrote:I presume this is a USA only service as every link is not working for me in the uk or am I missing something? Hopefully I am being a newbe as the listings show some great content.

That's right. Unless you use a router with a VPN connection.
Solved. Sorry =)
jsun311 Wrote:Can I ask the dumb question for the night? I know when I SSH in via terminal I use root and alpine as user name and pass; however, those don't seem to be working when I use Cyberduck...Help.

u/n and p/w should be the same. Are you using the right port? should be 22
Just spotted this over in the Add-Ons forum:

BlueCop Wrote:tango down. all hulu is not working.

akamia is down due to an unsupported swf ping. http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/rtmp...01193.html
limelight is using an unsupported handshake.http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/rtmp...01295.html
level3 is sending stop commands to the client prematurely to cut off the stream.

So it lasted much much longer then I thought it would. I am not going to work on the hulu plug-in anymore, If librtmp starts supporting more of these new rtmp features then I will resume work.

It is probably possible fix level3 because it seems it is just some parameter we aren't including("sessionid") so it sends a stop to the client. Again this is just short term because they could start using anything unsupported in librtmp to completely shut it down.

I also wanted to add that some of you guys might still be functional for some content but it won't last. The server you use is dependent on your geographic region and dns server. Once all the CDN servers get upgraded then it will end.

Looks like Hulu plugin is down indefinitely. General issue rather than iOS specific, I know, but thought it'd be of interest here anyway.
...XBMC Hulu plugin works in ATV2 iOS Build 8F455...

1) Go to http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-re...loads/list
2) Download librtmp.0.dylib and repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins.zip
3) SSH into your ATV2, replace the librtmp.0.dylib file in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks with the one you downloaded.
4) Install the BlueCop repo from the zip file you downloaded as you normally would in the XBMC Settings menu
5) Install the Hulu video plugin from the BlueCop repo. It will be visible as a Video Add-on.

Thanks BlueCop.
As always- thanks to bluecop! Thanks to aartau for the instructions for latest 4.3.

I have a question for the experts. Is there a way to get Hulu (through this add-on) to resume from your stopping point? Like Netflix does. I have a free Hulu account linked to the add-on, but it doesn't seem to work. Will it work with a Hulu+ account?
Hulu addon was working fine until a couple of days ago when it started failing.
I noticed an update was available (v3.2.6) and tried to install it.. it failed.
I uninstalled hulu completely, rebooted the atv2, and went back into XBMC
Now hulu addon 3.2.6 fails installation every time.. I tested on other addons in the bluecop repository and they all work (uninstall/reinstall) except Amazon which does the same thing.

The error simply says "Installstion Failed"
use ssh or an SFTP client and delete

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/Addons15.db

Then restart XBMC. All the add-ons should still work, and you should now be able to update Hulu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Got Hulu Working on ATV20