With the iPad, iPhone Apple TV 2, is it time for a centralized XBMC?
I've thought about this for a long time, and at its core, we're basically looking for a way that XBMC can send messages and binary data to each other in a simplified way.

Something like JSON + ZeroConf/Bonjour would work nicely where you just "join" each XBMC to a "network" and they go off exchanging information on demand.

Each installation would contain it's own library and thumbnails for efficiencies sake, but they would be synced across each machine auto-magically.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Jeroen,

I reside here too. If you like PleXBMC, hippojay and I have a way to include PMS shares on the main menu, fairly similarly to how Plex does it. Unfortunately, the skinner we were working stopped support of the skin we were using. I am working with a modded version of xTV SAF so that a currently supported version, and fully fleshed out version at that, is available. If you are interested, PM me here or at the Plex forums, and we can get something going.
Harley Hooligan Wrote:Jeroen,

I reside here too. If you like PleXBMC, hippojay and I have a way to include PMS shares on the main menu, fairly similarly to how Plex does it. Unfortunately, the skinner we were working stopped support of the skin we were using. I am working with a modded version of xTV SAF so that a currently supported version, and fully fleshed out version at that, is available. If you are interested, PM me here or at the Plex forums, and we can get something going.

Why not keep conversation in forums so other skiners can look at it and maybe add it to their skins?

Edit: E.g. we could all talk here about it. :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Why not keep conversation in forums so other skiners can look at it and maybe add it to their skins?

I'd prefer to have a stable method first before we release the system. Once it's stable, which it currently is not, and the method is solid, I'd absolutely love to have it posted in the skinners' forum.
Harley Hooligan Wrote:I'd prefer to have a stable method first before we release the system. Once it's stable, which it currently is not, and the method is solid, I'd absolutely love to have it posted in the skinners' forum.

So I should wait to test it with my someday_it_will_be_finished_Skin ?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Wait. Let me get this straight. You're bagging on my method of development and release at the same time as asking to use it? You have a brass pair.

Also, I hope you won't "test" anything, because the bugs have been worked out.
Harley Hooligan Wrote:Wait. Let me get this straight. You're bagging on my method of development and release at the same time as asking to use it? You have a brass pair.

Also, I hope you won't "test" anything, because the bugs have been worked out.

Well, I don't understand what you're saying but judging from context maybe it's better this way. Either way it must be misunderstanding as I really did not mean anything wrong. Peace.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

PleXBMC, FrontSeat, and plexbmc homepage script have been updated/released here:

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...-exporter/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
With the iPad, iPhone Apple TV 2, is it time for a centralized XBMC?0