Bluray case mod
First off, I have to say I absolutely love the Android XBMC remote that the dev's had put together. It is by far the BEST Remote for XBMC out there. I've used some of the others, and they don't even come close. Having said that, there was one thing that I didn't like about it, and I set out to change it.

In the original, the DVD cover image used was a black/gray semi-transparent cover. I don't know about you all, but every one of my movies is a bluray. I don't have any HD-DVDs, or DVDs. They're all stored bluray movies, and I want my remote to reflect that. I ended up editing the images in GIMP (I tried editing the PSD's and saving as PNGs in photoshop but Eclipse didn't like that for some reason) I applied a Colorize layer to the jewel case to get the bluray look. For those wondering, the colorize settings were:

Hue: 206
Saturation: 70
Lightness: -19

The before and after shots:

Before:

After:

This was the only thing I changed, except for building off the latest commit (0.8.5 build 744 instead of 730 which was the last official build). In the screenshots above, there is an image with the DVD case tabs, I've changed that image as well, but can't find where it is in the remote software.

You'll find the APK in-line below. I cannot be held responsible if this blows up your phone/tablet. I've verified it works fine on my HTC Evo, and should work on your device without issue, since it was just 2 images that were swapped. I also take absolutely no credit for developing the remote, all credit goes to the XBMC team. I simply tweaked it a little to make it a little bit better. Mods, if this is wrong let me know and I'll take it down. I'll keep it updated from time to time as new commits are made

APK Download
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray case mod0