[REQUEST] Amazon Prime Instant Video addon (similar to Netflix)
search is on my list to add. I am just kinda frustrated with the site. I want to access their api.
I just bit the bullet and signed up for Prime to get this free streaming service, only to discover that most of the HD content (such as HD versions of movies) is only available if you have the "Amazon Instant Video on Your TV" service that requires a compatible TV, set-top box or DVR. Is XBMC able to get around this restriction or are we XBMC users going to lose out? I see that even for the basic Prime Instant Video service there a few HD shows/documentaries but nowhere near as much. In fact, Amazon says the basic Prime service offers 5,000 movies and TV shows while the "...on Your TV" service offers over 90,000 movies and TV shows.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/ontv
I can change the deviceid to be a logitech or sony googletv box. I will see if this changes our streaming options.

the 90,000 number is all their content. not all their free content.

if anyone has a roku box drop me a line. I want to look at some traffic from the box to see their amazon prime data source.
Awesome -- thanks for the hyper-fast response. I'm looking forward to trying out your plugin tonight Smile
@BlueCop. I have a Roku, but I am also limited in this kind of thing. I use linux and enjoy XBMC but my knowledge is not what I wish it was. However, I'm willing to help in anyway possible.
Hopefully you will be accepted as a dev for Amazon prime. That would make things alot easier. Good luck.

Notes: I too get the script error after I stop a movie mid stream. Have to exit XBMC and restart to get it to work again. I haven't tried waiting for it to timeout but it isn't being restricted by Amazon its restricted by plugin.
should I set bitrate to "ask"? It seems that most movies play at the highest settings, but some simply wont (dont support highest bitrate?)

either way though.....this script rocks my socks, thank you. any plans for a search/sort function the future?
Mike8913 Wrote:either way though.....this script rocks my socks, thank you. any plans for a search/sort function the future?

see the first post on this page
noted, my bad
Awesome plugin! Haven't had it fail yet but i'm going to test it with with a few series this week to see what/if anything breaks.

I bought playon when they were only a little greedy but this is much better already. Thanks man!
Just installed the add-on successfully, but I'm getting an immediate script failure upon my attempt to load the directory on ATV2. Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?
Got the script installed on my ATV2, but I'm seeing the script error immediately on startup as well. I installed it using the 'install from .zip' file option. The username and password are populated in the settings. What am I missing?

BTW - Thanks, bluecop, for your work on this script. :-)
I too am getting immediate script failure when launching the plugin on win7 x64.
I used a pretty hackish way to login that probably broke. I am still working to improve this. I am going to take down the test version and will try to put a new version on my repo once I have all the issues worked out.

thanks for testing it out guys.

sorry been trying to motivate myself but the world is just depressing. japan disaster, obama proposes horrible copyright laws, workers rights getting stripped... I wish this stuff didn't depress me so much.
Star 
Thanks for all your hard work BlueCop, keep you're head up.

Something definitely seems to have broken in last couple of days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Amazon Prime Instant Video addon (similar to Netflix)0