[WINDOWS] Official HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
bodhi Wrote:No. You don't need a keyboard. You need a MCE SE profile (Not MCE Keyboard profile). Look at posts previously in that thread.

Have you actually got it working? The link you provided clearly states "you'll need the device MCE SE keyboard." If you know of a way to do it with just the profile, please share, as i do not.
Freakish Wrote:Have you actually got it working? The link you provided clearly states "you'll need the device MCE SE keyboard." If you know of a way to do it with just the profile, please share, as i do not.

Yes! See this post. You're in the wrong threadBig GrinThis is the "Official" thread Work-In-Progress. This linked post is in the current thread. Please ask questions there, until this "Official" thread is done. I know it is confusing to have 2 threads.Big Grin

And btw, in Harmony terminology, whenever you refer to a "device", it means a Harmony device (i.e. so device MCE SE keyboard is not the actual keyboard, but a device with a profile inside Harmony database).
sufreak Wrote:....
I will be asking an admin to move your post and mine the other page

You'll have to do the same to my posts and freakish's posts, too Laugh or we can just edit the content to "reserved"? whichever you'd like.
sufreak Wrote:Now, repeat the ‘Add Device’ process, this time select:

Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “Windows Media Center
Add this device and name it MCE Keyboard

Just FYI, I don't know if it is because I have a Harmony One or not, but when I added the device called "Windows Media Center" Harmony only gave me the options for a normal MCE remote, and not an MCE keyboard. In order to get an MCE Keyboard (ie have letters and the escape/backspace key, etc) I had to follow the same steps, and instead of putting "Windows Media Center" i entered "MCE Keyboard".

Now everything works a treat with your guide.
feerlessleadr Wrote:Just FYI, I don't know if it is because I have a Harmony One or not, but when I added the device called "Windows Media Center" Harmony only gave me the options for a normal MCE remote, and not an MCE keyboard. In order to get an MCE Keyboard (ie have letters and the escape/backspace key, etc) I had to follow the same steps, and instead of putting "Windows Media Center" i entered "MCE Keyboard".

Now everything works a treat with your guide.

It's not just the harmony one, I've got the 520 and I had the same problem.
mattzane227 Wrote:It's not just the harmony one, I've got the 520 and I had the same problem.

Again. Guys, you are in the WRONG thread. This is the work-in-progress thread, which still contains wrong information. The correct thread to use for setting up ANY Harmony is

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77519

sufreak, please modify the first page to correct what to enter (MCE Keyboard)

change from:

Code:
Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “Windows Media Center”

to:

Code:
Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “MCE Keyboard”
[i](You'll have to type in MCE Keyboard)[/i]

Add this device and name it MCE Keyboard (or whatever youd like to name it)
bodhi Wrote:Again. Guys, you are in the WRONG thread. This is the work-in-progress thread, which still contains wrong information. The correct thread to use for setting up ANY Harmony is

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77519

sufreak, please modify the first page to correct what to enter (MCE Keyboard)

change from:

Code:
Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “Windows Media Center”

to:

Code:
Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “MCE Keyboard”
[i](You'll have to type in MCE Keyboard)[/i]

Add this device and name it MCE Keyboard (or whatever youd like to name it)

I appreciate what you are tying to do here to make sure that people aren't getting off topic, but my post was specifically to address incorrect information to help finalize the thread. I'm pretty sure that IS the point of the thread.
feerlessleadr Wrote:I appreciate what you are tying to do here to make sure that people aren't getting off topic, but my post was specifically to address incorrect information to help finalize the thread. I'm pretty sure that IS the point of the thread.

Oh, sure. It's great that you address the incorrect information. I only wanted to point people to the old thread for helps. Because information in that thread are more accurate, and we need the OP to ask forum moderator to merge the 2 threads. I did not mean to say we should not post corrections.Big Grin
Corrections made

My apologies to all. I've had alot of stuff going on, both work and personal, so I've been neglectful in keeping up with this thread. I'll attempt to do better. First, I'll enable emails if I get a PM Smile
sufreak Wrote:Corrections made

My apologies to all. I've had alot of stuff going on, both work and personal, so I've been neglectful in keeping up with this thread. I'll attempt to do better. First, I'll enable emails if I get a PM Smile

No problem Big Grin BTW, I've sent you PM, but did not seem to work. You might want to check your profile settings.
Works perfectly for me, thanks!

edit: Whoops, necro-bump
I've had my Harmony 510 set up with my HTPC for nearly 2 years now, and saw that in the OP sleep/wake weren't complete yet.

I am using the remote as a standard keyboard basically, using the standard Windows hotkeys. In the Harmony software it is identified as 'Media Center PC'

Since the Harmony software can't send specific commands, I needed to create a work around. I remembered that you could create a shortcut icon on your desktop that sends the sleep command.
How-to here

I then used AutoHotKey to map that shortcut to the F12 button. In the Harmony software the Power Off command sends the F12 button, which in turn activates the shortcut which puts the system to sleep.

To wake the PC, use the Power Toggle command within the Harmony software
Intel NUC 11 NUC11PAHi3 // LibreELEC 11.0
How do you make it shutdown and power on your computer when you press "All Off" or change an activity?

I have a a HP 5188-1667 for a receiver. Thanks.
I am confirming the Harmony 650 this week. Just bought one to replace my 880.
What happened to all the photosHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Official HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC3