What's the best PVR backend for recording shows? (ie. not live tv) (PVR + SickBeard?)
I'm not sure this is the best place to ask but it seems applicable...

What's the best PVR/DVR backend for scheduling and recording shows? I don't need live tv or timeshifting capability.

Ideally I'd like to combine SickBeard and a PVR/DVR backend to worth together as best as possible to record what I'm looking for.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
sickbeard can download tv-show rips from "the internet" and is not an pvr per definition. when used sickbeard watches for new episodes, downloades (with help from sabnzbd or a torrent-programm), renames, sortes and updates xbmc so that you can watch the shows from "tv shows" in xbmc.

the tv-backends are used for "live tv" and recording is done on your local machine and its just an added feature

you can all run together, but the automated local recording till now depends on the used backend and imho "season-pass"-style recording is only offered by mythtv.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry if i wasn't that clear... What I'd like to do is use SickBeard to download shows but then use a PVR/DVR backend to fill in missing recordings, etc. Even if it's not completely automated/integrated, I'm looking for PVR/DVR software that can record and then rename/move the recordings into the same folder structure as SickBeard. (that way SickBeard can notice that it's been downloaded/recorded)
then your best guess would be mythtv or vdr. both have a vibrant user base with lots of plugins, however the looking for missing episodes by tvdb shedules, recording, cutting etc. stuff Ive havnt seen yet.
Yeah, I don't think anything exists that can integrate (ie. read SickBeard data to retrieve missing episodes) that much so I'll have to do it manually. It would be nice enough if recordings could be post-processed so SickBeard picked them up though.

I'll take a look at Myth and VDR.

If anybody else has any suggestions please let me know!
You could script something around vdr actually. I guess epgsearch and some scripts to fill into epgsearch files the allready existing entries + a script which runs after the recording or editing has happened which converts and moves the result to the final location can be done. Its some work to get it right i guess, but its definitly possible (assumed your TVs EPG is good enough).
If you are using windows take a look at "For The Record" 4therecord . eu
best one i found and you can set it to download to the right directories. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's the best PVR backend for recording shows? (ie. not live tv) (PVR + SickBeard?)0