• 1(current)
Start XBMC on ATV2 at boot.
Hi,
I have my AppleTV 2g setup with only the digital audio connected. When I do a reboot, XBMC is not running. As I have read in another thread, autoboot in XBMC is not available atm.
This wouldn't be as bad if I figured out how to start xbmc from a terminal. The etc/init.d/ method doesn't work as there is no init.d ...
Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Thanks and regards,
dih
On the AppleTV2, xbmc is a frontrow plugin. There's nothing for you to 'start' under the command-line. I've mentioned this time and time again. You cannot force frontrow to automatically select and run the xbmc frapp.

Any post regarding getting xbmc for atv2 to run at startup will now be ignored by the xbmc atv2 devs.

PS. init does not exist on darwin, launchd is used instead of init.
Thanks for your reply, I haven't found that info anywhere (except for the part about the autostart, as I already wrote in the first post).
Is it possible to create a plist and launch on start up? using launchd

I remember seeing it somewhere for appletv1 on this forum
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
nope ... once and last again ... xbmc is not an application on atv2 it is an addon for the apple frontend and loaded from it ... nothing we know about unix, or linux or macos will help us for getting it launched other then by selecting it from the apple menu.
Ilia Wrote:I remember seeing it somewhere for appletv1 on this forum

But ATV1 = PPC with an modfidied OSX and the ATV2 is iOS based!

There are big Hard- AND Software differences between the old and the new ATV...
zoeck Wrote:But ATV1 = PPC with an modfidied OSX and the ATV2 is iOS based!

Buzz, wrong, ATV1 is i386 running OSX 10.4.7+
Memphiz Wrote:nothing we know about unix, or linux or macos will help us for getting it launched other then by selecting it from the apple menu.

Apart from, maybe, patching Frontrow. Trivial in theory, but a hell full of little black bricks in practice Smile
davilla Wrote:On the AppleTV2, xbmc is a frontrow plugin. There's nothing for you to 'start' under the command-line. I've mentioned this time and time again. You cannot force frontrow to automatically select and run the xbmc frapp.

Any post regarding getting xbmc for atv2 to run at startup will now be ignored by the xbmc atv2 devs.

PS. init does not exist on darwin, launchd is used instead of init.

Just wondering, what about on the iPhone/iPad?
davilla Wrote:Buzz, wrong, ATV1 is i386 running OSX 10.4.7+

Oh crap, my mistake Smile
Ok campers, you ask for it and now you can have it. Thanks to tomcool (with some poking from me), you can boot the atv2 and have it enter into xbmc directly. No more having to right button over and start it

How to install:

apt-get install org.tomcool.xbmc-booter

How to remove:

apt-get remove org.tomcool.xbmc-booter

This package is still being propagated to the various repos so give it a few hours to get pushed up.
Great News!
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
Just when you had us all believing it wasn't possible! Wink

Great news!!
Not in the repo yet, so I'll have to wait until tomorow to test...
i bet he used the mainmenu plugin thing somehow ... great thing...
Excellent news! Bye bye front row, you shall not be missed...
Image Don't even think about my mother!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start XBMC on ATV2 at boot.1