[Tool, Windows] Auto Extract finnished uTorrent and optionally delete archives
Nice! Will look at this and post here when i evetually do it. Smile thx again for the good work.
Can I get this to extract already existing folders with RAR files without the notification from uTorrent?

I'm new to all this and want to extract all my TV show episodes but don't want to install utorrent on my HTPC. Just want a nice way of doing exactly what you're command is offering to do without the need for utorrent. Can it do that, and if it can, can you provide instructions on how to use it? Again, being new to all this I'm finding your instructions confusing as to what I actually need to do to get it to work.

Thanks!
fecklesslout Wrote:Can I get this to extract already existing folders with RAR files without the notification from uTorrent?

Nope. The script for TV-shows relies on the folder that is being passed to the script from uTorrent. If you take the whole folder which contains all your TV-Shows, for example C:\TV-Series, it will extract all AVI and NFO files to that specific folder.

Have a look at UnPacker (Google it) by Lars Werner for a tool that can do this.

fecklesslout Wrote:I'm new to all this and want to extract all my TV show episodes but don't want to install utorrent on my HTPC. Just want a nice way of doing exactly what you're command is offering to do without the need for utorrent. Can it do that, and if it can, can you provide instructions on how to use it? Again, being new to all this I'm finding your instructions confusing as to what I actually need to do to get it to work.

Thanks!
Dear njumlin, this is exactly what i was looking for so I delved into it but unfortunately its not working for me. Whenever there is a completed download...utorrent runs this tool, which unfortunately gives an error with label =" and no label identified and then dosent do anything requesting a key to be pressed to end the script.. ??Sad
Could you help ?
also for emm-r to scrape does it's library not need to be updated first? does this script first updates emm-r & then scrapes?
Thanks
I do not use torrents, but I use SABnzbd seems this might work for me.

normally after my movie is finished I will manually move it using Putty and the midnight commander file thing. from there I will open EMM-r scrape my movie and then manually update xbmc.

I was trying to follow those other tutorials with eventghost and therenamer but they seem dated and don't exactly work for what I want to do.

-=Jason=-

edit: seems like I would just need a mover script in place of your unrar script seeing as SAbnzbd unrars for me and just leaves me with a folder.
I have a new feature request or at the very least can you tell me what to edit in the script.

My movie structure is different then yours but very close. Your is structure is as such x:\movies\movie_name\movie_name.avi, but I store all my movies under one folder. ie. x:\movies\movie_name.mkv.

I think a lot of people store their movies like that as well so it might be worth while addition to the config script. I thought something like a Boolean option to choose between the two different structure conventions.

I am sure I could figure it how to hardcode the change but thought it was worthwhile request others might enjoy as well.

I have tested the script and it is working great for me. The only thing I noticed is I set my unrar delay to .5 (30 minutes) and I get a "divide by zero error" and it aborts the delay counter and just starts the unraring process. I am perfectly happy with that since I much prefer it unrar immediately since it runs on a headless server to begin with.

Thanks, and good work. Exactly what I was looking for.
Providing some follow-up. I found that if I set the do not delete flag to true then the program fails to move the tv-show file upon completion of the unrar process. I fixed that by moving the code ever so slightly.

Code:
:move
color 0a
if not defined rar goto nomove
if exist "%torrentpath%\*.avi" move "%torrentpath%\*.avi" "%torrentpath%\..\"
if exist "%torrentpath%\*.mkv" move "%torrentpath%\*.mkv" "%torrentpath%\..\"
rem if exist "%torrentpath%\*.nfo" move "%torrentpath%\*.nfo" "%torrentpath%\..\"
if exist "%torrentpath%\*.srt" move "%torrentpath%\*.srt" "%torrentpath%\..\"
if exist "%torrentpath%\*.idx" move "%torrentpath%\*.idx" "%torrentpath%\..\"
if exist "%torrentpath%\*.sub" move "%torrentpath%\*.sub" "%torrentpath%\..\"
if not defined delete goto nomove
if not %delete%==y goto nomove

My next goal if I ever get around to it is test the title renaming feature. I like to rename my shows with out the source name, group, quality, periods, or dashes.

Also, addressing my other issue of movies not being moved to the parent directory. I believe if I just assign them a label of TV Show then the move routine will be executed and move it one directory up.

Once, again nice little script!
Hello,

Some mirror for AutoExtract.zip and config.zip (v1.0 Build 19)?

Thanks
shaktoo Wrote:Dear njumlin, this is exactly what i was looking for so I delved into it but unfortunately its not working for me. Whenever there is a completed download...utorrent runs this tool, which unfortunately gives an error with label =" and no label identified and then dosent do anything requesting a key to be pressed to end the script.. ??Sad
Could you help ?
also for emm-r to scrape does it's library not need to be updated first? does this script first updates emm-r & then scrapes?
Thanks

I had the same problem either the script would say there was no label or it would show one different than I specified and it would error out like you describe. That was when I was running uTorrent 3.0. I tried switching to 2.2 like the OP mentions in his first post and the label issues disappeared. So it must be something with uTorrent 3.0.
Got this link from a friend, got similar project going if you like visit it could use some feedback http://www.hazaah.com/programming/utorre...extractor/

feel free to contribute on github too
shaktoo Wrote:Dear njumlin, this is exactly what i was looking for so I delved into it but unfortunately its not working for me. Whenever there is a completed download...utorrent runs this tool, which unfortunately gives an error with label =" and no label identified and then dosent do anything requesting a key to be pressed to end the script.. ??Sad
Could you help ?
Thanks

I believe it has to do with your version of uTorrent not being able to pass the label in the correct order to the script, this is the correct order that the script would have generated from a completed torrent:

Code:
"C:\AutoExtract.bat" "Awesome.Movie.DVDRip.XviD-REL" "K:\Movies\Awesome.Movie.DVDRip.XviD-REL" "Movie"
Code:
"C:\AutoExtract.bat" "Torrent_Title" "Download_Path" "Torrent_Label"

pattersondm Wrote:I have a new feature request or at the very least can you tell me what to edit in the script.

My movie structure is different then yours but very close. Your is structure is as such x:\movies\movie_name\movie_name.avi, but I store all my movies under one folder. ie. x:\movies\movie_name.mkv.

I think a lot of people store their movies like that as well so it might be worth while addition to the config script. I thought something like a Boolean option to choose between the two different structure conventions.

I am sure I could figure it how to hardcode the change but thought it was worthwhile request others might enjoy as well.

I have tested the script and it is working great for me. The only thing I noticed is I set my unrar delay to .5 (30 minutes) and I get a "divide by zero error" and it aborts the delay counter and just starts the unraring process. I am perfectly happy with that since I much prefer it unrar immediately since it runs on a headless server to begin with.

Thanks, and good work. Exactly what I was looking for.

Concerning your directory structure, most people should have it the way I've written the guide, this is the best practice for XBMC and all major Media Centers. This is due to EMM saving files for each movie in the directory of the movie, thus if there are multiple movies in one directory, movie.nfo and fanart.jpg will be overwritten. Boxee for example relies on movie.nfo, it doesn't use <the_movie_name>.nfo

I hope that clarifies it.

Yes, the script only knows how to handle full hours, not minutes.

pattersondm Wrote:Providing some follow-up. I found that if I set the do not delete flag to true then the program fails to move the tv-show file upon completion of the unrar process. I fixed that by moving the code ever so slightly.

Code:
:move
color 0a
if not defined rar goto nomove
if exist "%torrentpath%\*.avi" move "%torrentpath%\*.avi" "%torrentpath%\..\"
if exist "%torrentpath%\*.mkv" move "%torrentpath%\*.mkv" "%torrentpath%\..\"
rem if exist "%torrentpath%\*.nfo" move "%torrentpath%\*.nfo" "%torrentpath%\..\"
if exist "%torrentpath%\*.srt" move "%torrentpath%\*.srt" "%torrentpath%\..\"
if exist "%torrentpath%\*.idx" move "%torrentpath%\*.idx" "%torrentpath%\..\"
if exist "%torrentpath%\*.sub" move "%torrentpath%\*.sub" "%torrentpath%\..\"
if not defined delete goto nomove
if not %delete%==y goto nomove

My next goal if I ever get around to it is test the title renaming feature. I like to rename my shows with out the source name, group, quality, periods, or dashes.

Also, addressing my other issue of movies not being moved to the parent directory. I believe if I just assign them a label of TV Show then the move routine will be executed and move it one directory up.

Once, again nice little script!

Cool Smile That should be a bug that I will fix, thanks for feedback. Actually I have written some changes locally as I found the script wasn't used by too many. But I'm seeing now that I have 2,650 unique visitors the past 30 days. Please have a look at http://bit.ly/g26fH6 for future updates.

john.doe Wrote:Hello,

Some mirror for AutoExtract.zip and config.zip (v1.0 Build 19)?

Thanks

http://bit.ly/g26fH6

RockDawg Wrote:I had the same problem either the script would say there was no label or it would show one different than I specified and it would error out like you describe. That was when I was running uTorrent 3.0. I tried switching to 2.2 like the OP mentions in his first post and the label issues disappeared. So it must be something with uTorrent 3.0.

To be honest, the script hasn't even been written or tested for uTorrent 3.0. So I'm assuming your statement is correct. I have no plans on adding support for uTorrent 3.x yet. I do this for fun mainly, and if I have some spare time which I mostly don't. Sad
Going home soon to uninstall uTorrent 3.x, hunt down and install uTorrent 2.2 then rig up this script. I am looking for full automation, but really just for TV - movies I can do on my own.

I haven't fully tested out emm-r yet, - I am guessing I can skip theRenamer step I am using to hunt out the proper names then?
Home built Solaris 11.1 server, ZFS 4 x 3Tb pool, RAIDZ to 9Tb space.
NFS & SMB shares.
Asrock E350M1 mob with 8G RAM running KODI from a 16G USB stick

HDMI -> Yamaha 5.1 -> 60" Sharp LCD -
AR XSight Color Remote

Happy Wife. Nearly.
is there another mirror please njumlin
i cant seem to resolve http://bit.ly/g26fH6
http://dev.jumlin.com:8080/mediacenter/ doesnt work either
I'm officially dropping support and development for this script. I want to welcome anyone to feel free to continue development for this script. All I wish for is if you can post your URL to the project site if you do continue development. Thanks

The web server has been fixed and files are up for grabs! I will update the page before the end of today with anything new I may have kept from publishing.
Hi,

I have developed a similar application which extracts downloads and places them in the required folders. One good this about the application is that you do not need to have winrar or any other extraction utility installed on the machine for extraction to work. It will use the winrar library that it comes with for extracting files.

It will also delete rar files after successful extraction and if you want it can organize TV shows into specific tv folders. You can download the app from downsort.com - please not you will need .NET version 4.5 for this to work correctly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Tool, Windows] Auto Extract finnished uTorrent and optionally delete archives1