Stop the Madness! Fix your naming issues first.
Skram0 Wrote:[...]Is there a way to have a sort of folder view for multiple movie series?[...]

I've got a few film sets in my collection, and I now know grouping them can be done using the .nfo (?) files.

I didn't edit them manually, I use Media Companion and that allows you to add films to a set. The set is then displayed like you said, as a folder in amongst your other films. When you select that, you then get the films in the set.
For movie sets, you would need to add <set>whatever collection name</set> to your nfo of each movie that you want in a set. The "whatever collection name" has to exactly the same for them to be grouped in a set. You can have as many sets as you like.

Of course you have to have nfo's for each of your movies first. If you don't, then do an export>separate so that each movie gets it's nfo. Then modify as needed. Then you will have to do a refresh on each that was modify. Only after you refresh will it create the "set" and first movie refreshed is the one that it uses for the fanart. This is how I do it.

You could use XWMM to set up your sets, I believe it is working right now. Other 3rd's have the ability to do sets also.
Tight_wad Wrote:For movie sets, you would need to add <set>whatever collection name</set> to your nfo of each movie that you want in a set. The "whatever collection name" has to exactly the same for them to be grouped in a set. You can have as many sets as you like.

Of course you have to have nfo's for each of your movies first. If you don't, then do an export>separate so that each movie gets it's nfo. Then modify as needed. Then you will have to do a refresh on each that was modify. Only after you refresh will it create the "set" and first movie refreshed is the one that it uses for the fanart. This is how I do it.

You could use XWMM to set up your sets, I believe it is working right now. Other 3rd's have the ability to do sets also.

Killer.. Alright! Now that I know the lingo "set", I should be able to get something working. Thanks, Tight_wad & Waveknight for the info. My database will now be a little less cluttered. Big Grin
I'm struggling with naming/scraping in a couple of areas:
Firstly when a show has DVD releases that are not listed as specials, for example Bob The Builder has several seasons of TV shows but also a DVD release called Lets Scram. I would like to keep all the files together under TV/Bob The Builder/ but am struggling to get it to scrape whether under Season 0 or directly under the Bob The Builder directory.
Secondly I seem to have a lot of issues with single TV programs and can't seem to find much documentation on this. I've been using T/Tvshow/Tvshow.ext for example TV/Canoe Man/Canoeman.avi but many of the shows dont scrape.

Thanks
ptipton Wrote:I'm struggling with naming/scraping in a couple of areas:
Firstly when a show has DVD releases that are not listed as specials, for example Bob The Builder has several seasons of TV shows but also a DVD release called Lets Scram. I would like to keep all the files together under TV/Bob The Builder/ but am struggling to get it to scrape whether under Season 0 or directly under the Bob The Builder directory.
Secondly I seem to have a lot of issues with single TV programs and can't seem to find much documentation on this. I've been using T/Tvshow/Tvshow.ext for example TV/Canoe Man/Canoeman.avi but many of the shows dont scrape.

Thanks

Your Bob the Builder Lets Scram is a movie, so it will have to be scraped with the "set content" for a movie. Once you have it in your library, you can do a keyboard "c" and then you can link it to the tv show.

As for the Canoe Man, it should be:
Tv/Canoe Man/Canoe Man S01e01.avi
You might want to use Season 01 but should not have too. Also, there is no info in thetvdb.com for that show, so you might want to contribute information there for it.

Hope that helps
Tight_wad Wrote:Your Bob the Builder Lets Scram is a movie, so it will have to be scraped with the "set content" for a movie. Once you have it in your library, you can do a keyboard "c" and then you can link it to the tv show.

As for the Canoe Man, it should be:
Tv/Canoe Man/Canoe Man S01e01.avi
You might want to use Season 01 but should not have too. Also, there is no info in thetvdb.com for that show, so you might want to contribute information there for it.

Hope that helps

Tight_wad thanks will give it a go.
It took me forever to get this to work with Video_TS folders.

I'm using XBMC in portable mode, and I didn't see anything in the Wiki or anywhere else about the userdata folder now being in the 'portable_data' folder.

I had the appropriate entries in both %appdata% and in the XBMC\userdata folder, but it obviously didn't work.

This must be a Dharma change.

I just happened to stumble across this in the XBMC Flicks thread, or else I never would have figured it out.

I updated the Windows platform specific Wiki page to reference the change.

Everything is working beautifully now.

Thanks a bunch for this guide.

-Wes
Looks good! Since I started to use sorttv I have very few issues....
However, I cant get daily shows to work. What is the standard for them?

If I look at TVdb it seem to store normal season + ep instead of date. Should I use another scraper or what is the deal?
Give me a show name to work with and I will see what I can find out. So far, I have found this here that might help.
it is now The.Daily.Show.with.jon.stewart.2011.03.29
was The.Daily.Show.2011.03.29

It would be nice if the scrappers would be more flexible.... In this case just put in into the lib based on the date..never mind tvdb.
an alternative would be to modify sorttv to translate the 2011.03.20 (airdate) => season and episod with tvdb and then it would scrape with the standard scraper...
So XBMC doesn't support proper DVD rip folder structures? Normally the movie is ripped to have two sub folders of audio_ts and video_ts. I need to move the files around all to be in the same folder with the full name? So what do I do with the audio folders?
I don't think that I would say that it doesn't support them. Its not a hack, but just an advancedsettings to make it want to use them.

As to the AUDIO_TS folder, It is empty and not needed. I yet to find anything that does needs them in place to fuction, so I always delete them.
Jezo Wrote:I need to move the files around all to be in the same folder with the full name? So what do I do with the audio folders?

No, you put the Video_TS folder inside the "Movie Name (Year)" folder and forget the Auido folder - you can leave it there and it works fine. This should be the way it is ripped by default - at least with AnyDVD and DVDDecrypter they both work that way.

Just make the AdvancedSettings.xml change that Tight_Wad gave us and it works great!

-Wes
Quote:an alternative would be to modify sorttv to translate the 2011.03.20 (airdate) => season and episod with tvdb and then it would scrape with the standard scraper...

OK, I must admit it took until today to figure out that sorttv already do this for me. IF it can find the correct show in the db. This was not possible for any of the shows I tested with. This was quickly fixed with an alias in the config file.

Now it works great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop the Madness! Fix your naming issues first.2