[LINUX] problem with TVShows library
Hello everyone

I've got a strange issue: when i run XBMC, it starts scanning for new content.
Films and Music scans work perfectly, but TVShows scan finds already inserted files as new files and insert them again into the Library making these files appear twice or more.

I tried to switch off library auto update at startup, but the problem is the same if i manualy perform the scan.

Any idea to fix it ?

Thanks
jcgonnard Wrote:Hello everyone

I've got a strange issue: when i run XBMC, it starts scanning for new content.
Films and Music scans work perfectly, but TVShows scan finds already inserted files as new files and insert them again into the Library making these files appear twice or more.

I tried to switch off library auto update at startup, but the problem is the same if i manualy perform the scan.

Any idea to fix it ?

Thanks

More info would help. A debug log when the scan takes place. Put it on pastebin and not into a message. Also look at your file paths on the episode detail screen in Library mode. See if there's something different in the paths. Don't forget that Unix is case sensitive. /TVSeries is not the same as /tvseries. Copy sources.xml to a different file and open it in an editor. Look for duplicate or overlapping paths. I've noticed that my external USB drive gets mounted automatically and you could create a source for the main drive and another source on a TVSeries folder so you wind up with 2 sources. Another thing is network shares...one source could be local and another the network path.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
I have the exact opposite problem.
For Me TV shows works great and film are double when updating.....
The TV show are on the mac in stremaing. The FIlm are in USB connected to NAS in streaming...USB formatted MAc jurnaled
I have all the film without any folder.....I putt all in the root. The TV show instead are in a folder and subfolder.
Is this the problem?
Dobyken Wrote:More info would help. A debug log when the scan takes place. Put it on pastebin and not into a message. Also look at your file paths on the episode detail screen in Library mode. See if there's something different in the paths. Don't forget that Unix is case sensitive. /TVSeries is not the same as /tvseries.
I looked at file paths for duplicates, i saw no difference. I'm used du UNIX, so I did not made a mistake on that point.

Dobyken Wrote:Copy sources.xml to a different file and open it in an editor. Look for duplicate or overlapping paths. I've noticed that my external USB drive gets mounted automatically and you could create a source for the main drive and another source on a TVSeries folder so you wind up with 2 sources. Another thing is network shares...one source could be local and another the network path.
I'm not using any network source, but looking at sources.xml, i noticed that my tvshows source is a sym link. Could that be the problem ?
I changed it for the real path. We'll see if it makes any difference.

Anyway, thanks for help
Andy S2K Wrote:I have all the film without any folder.....I putt all in the root. The TV show instead are in a folder and subfolder.
Is this the problem?

I'm doing the same as you, but films are going great for me.
The truth is out there
OK everything solve for me.
XBMC is so stupid that it's needed to create a folder and then put the film in.
Without the folder and with the file in the root everytime i update a file the others are duplicate than triplicate and so on.
Now with the folder and the file in everything works good and if i presse udate the scraper doesn't duplicate nothing....
I don't think XBMC is stupid. Your dupes are most likely due to movie.nfo files and/or setting the wrong scraper options. A combination of both is my best bet here.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Andy S2K Wrote:OK everything solve for me.
XBMC is so stupid that it's needed to create a folder and then put the film in.
Without the folder and with the file in the root everytime i update a file the others are duplicate than triplicate and so on.
Now with the folder and the file in everything works good and if i presse udate the scraper doesn't duplicate nothing....

When you say "root", are you talking about "/" path ?
First I put the film directly on the USB without any folder and the scraper made double.....USB "NAME"/
I create one folder named "Video" and put the files inside and now no double....USB "NAME"/VIDEO/

Before the folder success I tried all the combination of scraper option and i use normal fils name so Or XBMC or The scrapers are stupid......
Please tell us more about the exact folder layout (with all files).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Is very easyWink
First, with dupplicate and triplicate and quadruplicate every time i manually update or everytime the scraper automatically update because i put a new file in it:
WESTERN DIGTAL/ Avatar.mkv

After, without duplicate and all works great. If i press update without putting new files the scraper right doesn't find new title and after a very fast serch do not put any duplicate in it. If i put a new file the scraper automatically update but only the new file and the old are not duplicate.

WESTERN DIGITAL/VIDEO/Avatar.mkv

Obiusly there are other files in it, but all with the same layout. Rocky.mk, Platoon.mkv etc etc

I put the film in a USB Disc connecter to the time capsule machine as nas. I play it using ethernet connected from NAs to AppleTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] problem with TVShows library0